Fun new things to play with on holiday

/
0 Comments

Over the past few months, I've been saving a bunch of travel-sized products and sachets so I could play with them while we're here in Bali. Unsurprisingly I've brought far too many bits and pieces to test, so I've picked a few from the bunch (as well as some sachets, which I'll talk about in a separate post) and these are the things I'll be trialling while we're away.

Some of the above items may contain enough product to warrant full reviews: if so, I'll write those separately. But first I wanted to let you know what I'm playing with, and I'll update this post once I've used everything and can give you my thoughts.


Ren V-Cense Youth Vitality Day Cream

This is apparently a multi-active day moisturiser that prevents and minimises the signs of premature ageing. It hydrates, protects against free radical damage and smooths fine lines and wrinkles while boosting skin energy and elasticity. 

I did use this for the first time yesterday and quite liked it, so I'm looking forward to seeing how my skin fares once I've used the whole sample. I've had some good luck with Ren products in the past and they're not the most expensive items lining the shelves at Mecca, so if I fall in love with it, it's not all bad ; )

Ren Satin Perfection BB Cream

I received this in one of my Mecca Beauty Loop boxes, and it's meant to be a multi-functional cream that provides flawless coverage, banishes imperfections, and gives skin SPF 30+ and antioxidant protection. It's also designed to tone, firm and boost radiance, and is suitable for all skin types.

I do love me a good BB cream so I can't wait to try this one. It apparently offers a luminous finish, and as a dry-skinned lass, I'm always up for that!

Ren V-Cense Revitalising Night Cream

This one aims to recharge, revitalise and intensively hydrate the skin overnight, and visibly smooth the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. It also combats uneven texture and tone and is packed with antioxidants, leaving skin looking brighter and more refreshed and supple by the morning.

I'm in the market for a night cream so hopefully this one's good. I'd be quite happy to pick up a few Ren skincare items this year since I'm using some already and I do like using products from the same brand when it comes to skincare because they're often designed to work together.


SK-II Facial Treatment Essence

I received this as a GWP and was super excited because it's SK-II's signature product and it ain't cheap, so it's not something I can afford to buy. It contains over 90% Pitera™ (apparently a 'miracle' ingredient) and in fourteen days I should notice a reduction in the appearance of age spots and wrinkles, and improvements in skin texture, firmness and radiance.

We'll see. I'm suspect of tall claims like this and I have used pitera products before with no luck, so I'll be surprised if this works for me.

Asap Daily Facial Cleanser

This one is apparently a gentle foaming cleanser that removes makeup (including eye makeup). It washes away impurities in one action, without drying or irritating your skin, and leaves skin feeling fresh and clean. The description says you don't need to use a toner with this product, but I always do anyway.

I haven't had the best luck with Asap skincare in the past, and after having used this twice, I don't think it's for me. It just doesn't seem to clean that well, but I'll reserve my final judgement for when I've finished the sample and I'll report back then.


Estée Lauder New Dimension Shape + Fill Expert Serum 

I received this in our most recent Marie Claire box, and I love serums so I'm super excited to try it. It's apparently an award-winning serum that uses breakthrough shaping technology combined with pro-collagen complex, and is meant to smooth and plump the skin with proven results in two weeks.

I've been using this for the past couple of days and it is nice, but it hasn't blown my socks off yet so we'll see if that changes.

Jane Iredale Smooth Affair Facial Primer & Brightener

This was another GWP and there's quite a lot in the sample so I'll likely be able to write a full review of the product. It's described as having anti-ageing properties that even skintone, minimise the appearance of pores and increase luminosity. I've seen that it's for oily skin (my skin is dry) so hopefully it works for me and doesn't dry me out.

In sum

Looking forward to trying these! Let me know if you've used any of the above and what you think if so.

I'll update this post once I've finished everything so stay tuned : )


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.