Holiday empties March 2016 #2

/
0 Comments

I've just posted on the first round of products I finished while we're away, and I'm sneaking in another post now before we head for the airport to fly home. 

It always feels good to lighten your load a little each day while you're away, which is why I've been reserving half-empty products and sachets for the last few months: it's meant that I've been able to finish enough things for two empties posts within the space of a week (!).

In no particular order...


Reed Coffee Face Polish

I did like this little product but preferred it as a body scrub (as opposed to a face one) because I've recently moved away from using harsher scrubs like this on my face. Full review here.

What I love about this scrub is that the scrubby matter is more refined than it is for the Reed body scrubs I've used, which means that I need less per application because it spreads more readily and it also works just as well as the products with larger grains. I also love the smell of this product. Yes it smells like coffee but in a gentle way and there's something complex about it that really appeals. Repurchase? Yes.

Banana Boat Baby Very High Protection Sunscreen SPF 50+

I don't often review baby products on this blog but I wanted to give a nod to this one because it's been so handy - not only for my daughter, but also for my husband and myself. We've had it for absolutely ages (so it's a good-value product, because it gets used almost every day but doesn't vanish quickly) and it's kept us all protected from the sun. Plus it's compact and travels well, and I find roll-on products easier to use on young 'uns than I do eg normal creams. Repurchase? Yes.

Jing Ai Velvet Shine Lip Jewel Lip Crayon in Pink-a-boo

Full review here. This is a 'cheat' product because I didn't actually finish it, but I used it a lot for the time we were here and decided to throw it out a couple of days ago because my lips were starting to get dry. 

If I were at home I might have kept it to see if anyone wanted it, but it didn't seem worth the extra (albeit small) space in my backpack. It's not my colour so that's part of the problem, but it's also not one I would recommend using every day: while it feels hydrating and nourishing to start with, it dried my lips out after consistent use on a daily basis. Purchase? No.


Dr Lewinn's Multi Moisture Balm

Full review here. This is one of those products that I liked from when I first used it, and it then grew on me more and more over time. It's quite an odd one though: it's a bright orange balm that feels more oily and looks transparent once you start to rub it in. It has a sweet, fruity scent that isn't unpleasant, but it is quite strong so do test this first if you don't like scented products.

This product reminds me of Elizabeth Arden's 8 Hour Cream, but I do prefer this one because I feel it absorbs better and I have more uses for it. My favourite use for it is as an overnight cream, and it's helped me more than once when my dry skin has started flaking and has needed some TLC overnight. Purchase? Yes.

Shizen Salve All Over Balm

This is one of those products that really surprised me: I wasn't expecting much from it but it's ended up being a god-send for so many reasons. I've reviewed it here.

I was using it on my feet to start with (very hydrating), then when my daughter got some nappy rash that wasn't shifting, I tried it for that and couldn't believe it when the rash cleared up overnight! So I've kept it handy for any irritations, and when we came away, it's been good to soothe her heat rash and any insect bites too. I've also used it on myself when I burned my finger on a candle. Wonder product! Recommended. Purchase? Yes.


John Frieda Ocean Waves Sea Salt Spray

Full review here. I haven't tried any salt sprays before so I can't compare this product to others, but I can say that this one works well and does exactly what it says it will do. What I love about it is that it tames my frizzy, wavy hair better than many other dedicated hair-taming products have managed to do, and it does this without weighing it down and decreasing the time between washes. 

Plus it helps flatten those annoying frizzy bits around my hairline that normally thwart other products. I'm not sure I would buy it because I prefer a glossy finish (rather than a matte one), but it is a decent product and I recommend it. Purchase? Maybe.

Estée Lauder Take it Away Makeup Remover Lotion

I haven't had a lot of luck with makeup removers because I struggle to find ones that successfully remove eye makeup with little effort, but this one did the job better than most. I've reviewed it here.

It's a white cream with a faint scent - I smell men's cologne, not citrus as claimed - and I like the light, thin consistency. As claimed, it's not oily and it doesn't leave a greasy residue. You apply it to dry skin, and it quickly dissolves your makeup with very little effort. It feels like makeup just melts off your face with only a small amount of rubbing from you. Winner! Purchase? Maybe (not at full price).


Suki Exfoliate Foaming Cleanser

Full review here. If you read this blog, you'll know that this was the product that made me fall in love with Suki as a brand: I love it to death and can't recommend it enough.

It smells so lemony divine and feels wonderful against the skin. Plus it exfoliates and cleanses gently, leaving my skin clean and glowing but never stripped. Amazing. Repurchase? Yes, a thousand times.

Bioderma Sensibio Light Soothing Cream

Full review here. I wound up with two of these via Lust Have It, and while I didn't love the product as a moisturiser because it left me with a slightly sticky face, I found that it worked really well when applied over makeup. This is probably because one of the main ingredients is glycerine (as it is for eg MAC Fix+), which means that it leaves you with a plumped-looking face and seems to help your makeup merge together beautifully. It's not one I would buy but I did enjoy using it. Purchase? No.

In sum

This isn't a bad bunch of empties and my favourites in this lot are the products from Suki, Estée Lauder, Shizen and Dr Lewinn's.

Let me know if you've finished anything great this month : )


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.