Time for some more Alpha-H : )

/
0 Comments

I've just run out of my facial sunscreen, which means that I've had to open this last little Alpha-H kit a bit earlier than I'd planned.

As you may know I'm on a spending ban and I've been running out of things left, right and centre, and while some of those I can replace with something I already have open (eg I'm using a hydrating primer as my day cream), facial sunscreen doesn't have a replacement so it's time to crack open something from my dwindling stores.


I picked up this Alpha-H Renew and Resurface kit last year, when I had a few extra dollars to stock up on skincare whenever I saw it on special.

Alpha-H is one of those brands that often has specials or some kind of GWP promotion going at one of the big online retailers (eg Adore Beauty or Activeskin), so I look out for deals and then buy up when I see a bargain on something I would have bought anyway.

I picked up a few of these kits last year and they've been a great way to sample different products from Alpha-H, which has quickly become my favourite skincare brand of all time because its products agree with my skin. I've found a few staples in the other kits I've used and I'm hoping to find more in this particular kit, which was a great-value purchase and one I can't wait to use.


The kit contains:
  • Triple Action Cleanser 30ml
  • Micro Cleanse Exfoliant 30ml
  • Liquid Gold Smoothing + Perfecting Mask 30ml
  • Balancing and Pore Refining Mask with Jojoba 30ml
  • Balancing & Exfoliating Moisturiser 30ml
  • Daily Essential Moisturiser SPF 30 30ml

Its RRP value is $99 AUD but from memory I bought it for around $79 and received a GWP along with the kit.

I've used half the products before but three are new to me, and those are the ones I'm extra excited to try because I love discovering new favourites.


Alpha-H Triple Action Cleanser with Thyme

This is apparently a light liquid cleanser for combination skin. Its non-foaming action softens, cleanses and balances the skin without dryness.

I haven't used this and I can't wait to try it. I have a lot of cleansers open at the moment, however, so I mightn't open it for a while because I'd like to finish a couple of other products off first.


Alpha-H Micro Cleanse with Glycolic Acid & Rice Bran

This is a facial exfoliant with 12% glycolic acid plus exfoliating microbeads, for glowing radiant skin. I've used a 5ml sample before and from memory it grew on me with each use, so I'm looking forward to testing it again and really getting a feel for it.

Do note that it contains microbeads, and as you may know these aren't good for the environment. I'll need to research the product and find out whether the microbeads are of the bad kind: there may be different types and some mightn't be problematic if they do actually break down in water. If these are microbeads of the bad kind, then I won't buy this product even if I love it.


Alpha-H Balancing Moisturiser and Gentle Exfoliant

This is apparently a light, easily-absorbed moisturiser with the refining and smoothing benefits of 10% glycolic acid.

I do have a couple of Alpha-H glycolic acid products open at the moment and I mightn't be able to use this product along with them (it might be too much for my dry skin - I'll have to check), but I'll wait anyway to open this because those products are almost done and I'd like to test this one on its own so I can really see what it's doing.


Alpha-H Daily Essential Moisturiser SPF 30+

I've reviewed this product here. It's a 3-in-1 age blocker, collegen booster and wrinkle preventer essential moisturiser that contains a good dose of sunscreen.

Unfortunately I didn't love it because it's quite greasy and isn't hydrating enough for my dry skin to use as a stand-alone day cream, but I'll still use it for the SPF factor and when I've run out I might buy the SPF 50+ version, which is a much better product and one I really love.


Alpha-H Liquid Gold Smoothing and Perfecting Mask with Lavendar

This is described as a perfect solution for balancing and exfoliating your skin, leaving it fresher, clearer and brighter.

It's apparently one of Alpha-H's star products and everyone raves about it, but unfortunately it doesn't work for me and I don't like it - not a good thing because this is the third tube I've wound up with in one of these kits (!). I do have a powder product from Argo Naturals however that I can add to this mask, which makes it perform better for me so all is not lost : ) 


Alpha-H Balancing and Pore Refining Mask with Jojoba

This has been specially formulated to deep cleanse and purify oily and acne-prone skin. While my skin isn't oily, I have been experiencing some breakouts over the last few months so I'm more than happy to try this product. If it's too much for my dry skin, I'll just use it along my chin - the area where I've been getting the most blemishes.

In sum

Can't wait to use all these products! What I'll do is introduce them one by one over the next couple of months as I finish things and need to replace them. Then I'll write individuals reviews of any product I haven't tested yet, and I'll do a round-up post on the kit as a whole when I'm done.

Yay to new skincare : )

What are your favourite products from Alpha-H? I'd love to hear.


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.