March 2016 empties #1

/
0 Comments


Last month was such a big month of empties for me that I had to hold over a few products so my empties posts weren't too long.

The good news is that I've finished off a few older products that I'd begun to think I'd never see the back of (some of those will appear in the next post - yes, I have more!), but the bad news is that I'm on a spending ban and am running out of things to replace them with!

Still, that was the aim so I'm definitely managing to get through the things I have : )


Valley Sous Hair Solution Protein Therapy Perfect Mist

Full review here. This was one of the few Memebox products I received that I really loved, and I've been happily using it for around 18 months so I'd started to think I'd never finish it!

It made my hair feel and look nicer, stronger and shinier, and gave me sleek-looking hair that I don't normally have. Plus it didn't weigh my hair down. While I love it, I've been waiting to open some other hair products so I'm glad I've been able to do that now that it's empty. Purchase? Maybe, but it's a Korean product so I don't know how easy it would be to come by in Australia.

Jergens Shea Butter Deep Conditioning Moisturiser

This came from Marie Claire's Ageless Parcel and I really liked it. I've reviewed it here. It's a beautifully creamy product with a light and fresh shea butter scent that's not overpowering. 

I found it super nourishing and hydrating, but it didn't feel too heavy or leave a slick residue. It also absorbed and spread well, and my dry skin loved it. It's definitely one I'll look at buying once I've run out of body cream. Purchase? Yes.


SkinYoga samples

These came from Lust Have It and they were so beautifully packaged that I couldn't wait to try them. Unfortunately I didn't like any of them so it proves you can't judge a book by its cover!

The Oats & Roses Face Wash (reviewed here) was the worst of the three and it's probably the worst cleanser I've ever used. It didn't cleanse at all and it left a film on my face that had to be removed with another product.

The Almond & Orange Face Scrub (reviewed here) was also pretty useless although it wasn't as bad as the face wash. You're meant to mix it with water to make a paste, but it clumped up when I did that so this didn't make for easy application.

The Sandalwood & Saffron Face Mask (reviewed here) also didn't form a paste and it tightened my skin uncomfortably as it dried down. Plus it was quite scratchy so I didn't massage it into the skin as the product instructions directed because I felt it was doing bad things to my face if I did this (same goes with the scrub).

Also, all three products wound up depositing dust in my eyes on each use - maybe because some bits of the powders were so light that they travelled everywhere when washed off with water.

So sadly I wouldn't buy any of these (that's a no in terms of buying them), but I'm keeping the packaging for display purposes because it's so nice.



Tocca Hand Cream in Stella

Full review here. This came in a pack with two other Tocca hand creams and I've loved all of them - plus they're reasonably priced, smell wonderful and make great presents.

Stella was my least favourite scent of the three but I love the corresponding perfume. The hand creams are silky and never leave a greasy residue, and they hydrate the skin so well that I don't need to reapply them often. I would definitely be interested in trying more of these, perhaps in other scents - just for a change. Purchase? Yes.

Urban Skincare Co Infuse Body Balm

You've probably seen a couple of empties of this product before, and there'll be more in future because we scored a few of them when we stayed in a hotel last year. Full review here.

It smells good - rich and gingery - and is super hydrating and nourishing without leaving a greasy residue. It also absorbs and spreads well, so a little goes a long way and this 35ml sample didn't vanish in a few uses, as some body creams tend to do. It's definitely one I would use again. Purchase? Yes.


ProYou S Special E/B Creamy Peel

Full review here. This is another Memebox product that I loved - and from memory the few ProYou products I received were just about the only facial skincare items I wound up with from Memebox that worked for me.

It's a cream but it definitely had a resurfacing effect and it was great to use as a mask when my skin was extra dry and I couldn't use any harsher exfoliants. I'm sad it's gone but that means I can now finally start using my Ren Glycolactic Radiance Mask, which I've been desperate to open for ages! Purchase? Yes, if it were easy enough to ship to Australia at a reasonable price.

Aspar Sweet Orange & Shea Hand Cream and Ultra Hydrating Face Moisturiser

I haven't reviewed these because they were 5ml samples and I didn't use them enough to write full reviews - plus they weren't very good so I didn't use them sparingly and from memory I mainly used them on my body. There's nothing wrong with them, it's just that my dry skin needs more hydration than these products delivered. Purchase? No.

In sum

The products from Valley Sous, ProYou and Jergens are the best from this bunch and I would recommend all of them. I probably wouldn't seek out the two products from Korea unless they ever became widely available in Australia, but the Jergens cream is something I would definitely buy because it's cheap and does the job well.

What products have you finished this month - any favourites?


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.