April 2016 favourites

/
0 Comments

The end of April crept up on me this month and I hadn't started giving thought to my monthly favourites until yesterday. 

Happily I only needed to scan my bathroom to know which products have been getting a serious work-out this month, and I've decided to just use the photos I have of each of my five picks: the MOR soap is unwrapped and doesn't look as fancy as it once did (it just looks like a white round of soap); and it's also dreary outside today so I don't fancy my chances of taking a fresh round of shots anyway.

Also, note that I don't have any makeup favourites this month, largely because I've been focusing on my Project Pan products and there's no particular makeup item that I've been reaching for more than anything else. So I don't want to just grab something randomly to make this list of favourites more 'balanced': I'd rather just talk about those things that I've been seriously loving this month.

So without further ado...


MOR Emporium Classics Blood Orange Triple-milled Soap

I've reviewed this here. As you may know, I'm not a soap person and I normally pass on any soaps I receive in sub boxes to my husband, but I had to keep this one because it smells so good and it's from MOR (one of my favourite bath & body brands).

It's just a beautiful product that screams luxe and it's also an effective cleanser: it lathers well and leaves my skin feeling fresh and soft without stripping or irritating it. I've been reaching for it instead of the body gels I have open because I'm loving it so much, so it had to get a mention because it's unusual that I'll reach for soap as a preference. Such a yum product.


Alpha-H Balancing Moisturiser and Gentle Exfoliant

You're probably sick of hearing me go on about Alpha-H skincare, but I have to include this as a monthly favourite because I've been loving it throughout April and it's done great things for my skin. I've reviewed it here.

It's a moisturiser but it contains glycolic acid so it has an exfoliating effect too. What I love about it is that my skin just looks brighter and more radiant after use, plus it feels firmer and smoother too. It's designed for oily/combination skin, and while my skin is dry, this works wonders for me in terms of hydration, so don't discount it if your skin is like mine because it may work for you too.


O&M No Knott Conditioning Detangler

This was one of those rare surprise finds and I only bought it because it was on clearance at one of Australia's cheaper online retailers: I added it to my cart to bring up my total so I could get free shipping. So glad I did! I've reviewed it here.

It smells great and leaves my hair feeling beautifully soft, nourished and manageable, and looking shinier and healthier too. It's one of those products that does exactly what it claims to do, and it's made the whole combing process so much easier than it used to be. I have a feeling that I'll repurchase it when my bottle is done, because I've never used anything like it that works this well.


Ren Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask

Full review here. This is an amazing product and I'll be really surprised if I ever find something better. It's a cult-favourite mask for good reason: it works with a minimum of fuss and it seems to work on a variety of different skin types.

So many masks are flooding the market these days but few I've tried do exactly what they say they will do. This does. It refreshes and renews the complexion, plus it reduces fine lines and improves skintone, firmness and radiance. My skin always looks good after using it, and I really can't fault the product - other than to say it ain't cheap, but if it works then I can overlook that.


Ren Flash Rinse 1 Minute Facial

Ren has quickly become one of my favourite brands for 'treatment' products (as opposed to standard moisturisers/cleansers) and this is another item that tops my skincare list. I've reviewed it here.

I really don't know how to describe the results I get from this product, other than to say that it absolutely meets all its claims. Yes it instantly revitalises and visibly rejuvenates the skin; yes it smooths, firms and tones; yes it reduces signs of fatigue and imperfections; and yes it evens out the complexion and diminishes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. I definitely need to buy a back-up of this because my tube is looking well-loved!

In sum

Just looking at all these goodies makes me want to use them right now, and I reckon it's a great sign when you've been using something for a while and you still get just as excited as you did when you first discovered it. I feel that way about all of these items so this tells me that they're clear winners.

Let me know what you've been loving this month!


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.