Peter Thomas Roth Mask-a-holic Kit - unboxing

/
0 Comments

You may remember that the Peter Thomas Roth Pumpkin Enzyme Mask has been on my wishlist for ages after seeing Ruth Crilly from A Model Recommends give it a rave review. I trust her skincare reviews because she seems to like a lot of the products that I do, so when I saw her gush about the pumpkin mask, it went straight to the wishlist.

I'd been keeping an eye out for it but it had vanished from Beauty Bay's Peter Thomas Roth collection (it's back in stock now) and Mecca doesn't carry it either. However, Beauty Bay had a sale over the Easter period and I came across this little kit, which retails for around $70 AUD but I did get $20 off the total of my order - which included the Oskia Renaissance Cleansing Gel, another item from my wishlist - and the two products just crossed me over the line to qualify for the discount.

Fresh out of my three-month spending ban, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to grab both!


The kit contains five of Peter Thomas Roth's masks, in decent 50ml sizes:
  • Cucumber Gel Mask
  • Rose Stem Cell Mask
  • Pumpkin Enzyme Mask
  • Irish Moor Mud Mask
  • 24K Gold Mask

I only have two face masks on the go at the moment and I've been in the market for another one. I'd had my eye on some items from Glamglow but I've recently tested those and they didn't grab me - plus they're super expensive. Most of the masks in this kit retail for around $46 AUD each (less than half of what a Glamglow product will set you back), so if I love any of them, it won't break the bank if I want to pick up a full size.


I'll comment briefly on each mask now and then I'll review them separately as I open them, following up with a round-up post on the kit as a whole in case anyone's interested in grabbing the set, as opposed to any individual product.


Peter Thomas Roth 24K Gold Mask

This is an anti-ageing treatment that aims to minimise the ageing effects of stress and help re-energise dull skin. It's infused with pure 24K gold, which locks in moisture and keeps the skin firm, and the mask is designed to deliver intense hydration, revealing plump, firmer looking skin. 

I'll probably open this first because it's exactly what my dry skin needs right now!


Peter Thomas Roth Irish Moor Mud Mask

This aims to purify, refine and decongest. It contains ingredients that have been used for centuries in Ireland and Asia, and it should draw out dirt, oil and impurities and leave me with smaller-looking pores and glowing skin. Sounds good! 

I do have a purifying mud mask open at the moment so I'll finish that first before opening this one. I've never found a mud mask that beats my HG Cellilux Glacial Mineral Gel (which is unfortunately really hard to come by everywhere else but Singapore), so fingers crossed this one's just as good.


Peter Thomas Roth Pumpkin Enzyme Mask 

Ah, the mask I can blame for the purchase! It's apparently a highly effective exfoliating treatment that addresses dull, ageing and congested complexions. It should peel away dull surface skin cells to reveal a fresh and youthful radiance, and it contains crystals used in microdermabrasion treatments to completely polish the skin.

I do have a microdermabrasion product open at the moment, but it's a few uses away from being finished so I've been on the look-out for a replacement product for a while (one of the reasons why this mask was on my wishlist). Can't wait to finish it and start using this one!


Peter Thomas Roth Cucumber Gel Mask 

This is an ultra-gel, non-stinging, anti-irritant gel masque for all skin types - even the most sensitive skin. It's recommended for daily use as a hydrating and calming masque, and may also be used under the eye area to reduce puffiness.

Now this sounds interesting. I'm not sure I've ever used anything like it. I hadn't looked into this one until now (the top three products were enough to make me want the kit and I didn't bother researching the other two), but I may well open it soon because I could use it on 'non mask' days if my skin needs something extra. Fingers crossed that it's good.


Peter Thomas Roth Rose Stem Cell Bio-Repair Gel Mask 

This is a cooling facial mask that rejuvenates mature, sensitive and lacklustre complexions. It aims to repair the skin, promote surface regeneration and restore suppleness while rebuilding the moisture barrier for healthier hydration levels. It also heals irritation and soothes and tones the skin.

On second thoughts, I might open this before the 24K gold one: my skin is dry and irritated at the moment so I do need something to help with that and nothing else I've been using has addressed it completely. Hopefully this will do the job.

In sum

I can't tell you how excited I am about this little set! I love the Ren Glycolactic Radiance Mask I'm using at the moment but I have no other mask (aside from the aforementioned Cellilux product) that really works for me, so I hope that at least one of these products is a winner. Plus $46 for the full-sized masks is less than I'm used to paying for the really good ones, so it'd be awesome if I could find a gem or two in this lot.

I'll let you know how I go : )


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.