Project Pan 2016: the tally so far

/
0 Comments

I've been meaning to do a short post setting out how many products I've finished so far for Project Pan this year - and what kinds of products I've been getting through - and now seemed as good a time as any because I've just knocked off another lipstick and posted on that, so I've already got Project Pan on the brain.

I'll likely do another couple of tally posts throughout the year before my final one at year's end, because it's useful to see what you've managed to achieve and it helps you stay motivated. Plus I often forget what I've finished as the months pass so it's nice to see everything together in one post.


Anyhoo. In January I finished the Lipsi Cosmetics Aphrodite Powder and the Ilia Tinted Lip Conditioner in Nobody's Baby pictured above, and I thought that was it for the month but I've just seen that I managed to finished the three products below by month's end as well. Woot woot!


So, January's tally was:
  • two lipsticks
  • one lip/cheek tint
  • one BB cream
  • one setting powder

Not bad! Two of the products are travel-sized but they still took a while to get through and the Cha Cha Tint was on my list since last year, so I was super pleased to get through that one!


In February I finally managed to finish that damn Emite Cream Pencil in Spir that I thought I would never see the end of (it was also on my list from 2015).

I also moved the below SweetPea & Fay Liquid Lipstick out of circulation because the contents had started to separate: 


I guess you can't say that I actually finished it, but I'll include 'dead' products like this in my final tallies because they've still had a good workout and the whole point of Project Pan is to use things until you can't use 'em no more, so I think it's fair to include items that have died in one way or another - but I won't include products that I've switched out but still own.

That was it for the month, so the total tally by the end of February was:
  • three lipsticks
  • one lip/cheek tint
  • one BB cream
  • one setting powder
  • one eye pencil


And then in March the Pureplus+ Milk Bebe Lip Treatment happened. As in, I lost it and haven't seen it since. Ach! 

I was annoyed about this because I liked the product and I've no idea where it went. It wasn't too far from being finished though, so I'll include it because it would have been long gone by now if I hadn't lost it. If I do ever find it (and it hasn't gone rancid), I'll put it straight back on my list.


Also in March I finally finished my ModelCo Eyeshadow in Tahiti. I couldn't quite believe it because the product had been on my list since the beginning of Project Pan 2015! It pays to persist ; )

That was it for March because we'd been away and I hadn't been able to do a full update while we were there, so the tally by month's end was:
  • three lipsticks
  • one lip gloss
  • one lip/cheek tint
  • one BB cream
  • one setting powder
  • one eyeshadow
  • one eye pencil


April hasn't been as big of a PP month as I'd hoped, although I did move a second SweetPea & Fay Liquid Lipstick out of circulation because it had also started to separate so I wasn't using it. I don't like including products that aren't completely dead in my final tally, but it's worth mentioning them I guess because they've still had a lot of use before being turfed.

I have also just finished the below Lime Crime Lipstick in Coquette, which I'm pleased about because I've had it for ages so I'm glad it was used before it started to turn.


These products bring my Project Pan 2016 tally up to the totals below:
  • five lipsticks
  • one lip gloss
  • one lip/cheek tint
  • one BB cream
  • one setting powder
  • one eyeshadow
  • one eye pencil

So that's eleven products so far this year! Three of those unfortunately weren't 'finished' because one was lost and two started to turn, but let's include them for now anyway because we can say that they're officially unusable.

I can't remember what my tally was at the same time last year, but I did finish something like forty products throughout the year so looks like I've got a bit of work to do if I want to match that.

In sum

It's been a reasonable start to the year but I haven't finished as many products as I would like. Happily a couple more items should be done soon, so fingers crossed that May will be a better month.

I'll check back in soon with another update. Let me know if you're doing Project Pan this year and how you're finding it if so : )


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.