Project Dent 2016 update: Ardency Inn Modster Manuka Honey Enriched Pigments

/
0 Comments

Good morning to you and welcome to my next Project Dent 2016 update! Around two weeks ago, I introduced these four Ardency Inn pressed pigments into my Project Dent series (see my last post here) because I just hadn't been using them enough and wanted to get some dents happening.

Part of the reason I wasn't using them was because they're all singles and who can be bothered, but I'd also been ignoring them because they're quite intense and much better for night looks (at least for me), and this past year I haven't been out much at night - a tough pregnancy and now an infant plus a toddler will do that to you - so they've been sitting around gathering dust.

But I've since depotted them into a Z-palette along with my Becca Ombre Nudes Eye Palette because the shades work well together, and I've been busy testing them over the last couple of weeks. While I'm not quite ready to review them, I'm definitely ready to move them out of Project Dent circulation and focus on something else: I've had quite enough of all that metallic sheen and glitter for the moment!

Anyhoo. Here's how they looked two weeks ago:


Going clockwise from the top centre, the shades I own are Sunday, Heaven, Rose Gold and Disco. I do really like the colours but they're not shadows I reach for on a daily basis, given how intense they are, because I prefer a more natural look.

Plus I've had some issues with fall-out (I'll talk about that more when I review them), and the Rose Gold and Sunday shades in particular make my eyelids look crepe-y, which isn't unusual for me these days given that I'm over 30 and sleep-deprived/constantly dehydrated to boot. And I have dry skin. And dry skin and metallics ain't a great mix.

But I digress. Here's how the pigments look now, after two weeks' daily use:


Another shot for good measure:


As you can see, I've definitely made some good progress in only two weeks. The Sunday and Rose Gold shades in particular are beautifully soft and loosely packed, meaning you pick up quite a bit on the brush each time and I don't need to build them for good colour pay-off. They'd probably make good subjects for Pan that Palette and I could see myself getting through them faster than other shadows, so I'll keep that in mind.

The Disco and Heaven shades are slower going, but I've definitely got some dent action happening in Disco. This is because it's the least pigmented of the four and the hardest to the touch, so I really need to dig my brush in there and build the colour to get it to show up well on the eye. That makes it sound unattractive, but it's also the shade that looks best on me because it doesn't emphasise lines, so there are pros and cons to each shade and how they're all formulated.

Anyhoo. That's all from me for now. I'm looking forward to reviewing these - I'll do that soon, so stay tuned - and I also can't wait to pick out my next item for Project Dent 2016.

Speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.