Project Pan 2016 mini update #30

/
0 Comments

I did finish these two Project Pan items a few days ago and I was going to hold off on posting about them until my usual end-of-month update, but since we've had a tough few days here with the kids (no sleep, constant noise, the usual), I decided to sneak the post in today because I don't have the head for anything else.

Anyhoo. I'm pleased to report that I've finished off another couple of items from my Project Pan list:


Woot woot! Yes it's true, I've finally finished that Stila Bronzing Beauty Balm, which was a full-sized item that's been on my list for an eternity (or at least it feels that way). I'm pleased about that because it means I can open a similar product, which will be the Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue Gel that I've had in store for a while. Yay!

Throughout the year I used the Stila product to mix in with my primer, and this month I've also been mixing it with my body cream to bronze up my arms and upper body. I've really enjoyed it but I'm also glad it's done so I can move on to something else.

I've also finished the second of two samples of the Evelyn Iona Concealer, which is a great little product but also one I'm pleased to have finished, because getting through two of them in one Project Pan year has been a tall order. I mostly used that as a dedicated concealer, but once I got near the end, I used it for three days running as my foundation (I mixed some moisturiser through it to thin it out), just so I could move it out of circulation.

As for my replacements:


RCK Red Carpet Kolour Body Glow in Medium

I've reviewed this here. It came in a sub box and I really don't like it because it streaks, which kind of defeats the purpose of a glowy body product that's meant to make your body skin look better. Sometimes I can get an even application and it looks good, but for the most part it just doesn't go on well and it's not hydrating in the slightest, so I gave up on it ages ago.

But I've worked out that I can add some to my usual body cream to make that last longer and add a bronze sheen that I quite like. So now that I've finished both the Stila product and the highlighter I was using in my body cream, I can introduce this product.

It's hard to tell how much is left (maybe two thirds of the bottle?), but I'll try to mark it so you can track my progress. If I can finish it by Christmas, I'll be happy.


Josie Maran Argan Enlightenment Illuminser

I was going to review this today but couldn't get my head together to write a review post, so that will hopefully go up tomorrow. In short, I don't like it and I much prefer my Becca Shimmering Skin Perfectors. This one's too metallic for my personal tastes and it's also harder to work with because it doesn't blend as well. Plus the sheen is so high that I can't mix it with my foundation (it's too much) so I put it beneath my primer, mixed in with my moisturiser.

I've used quite a bit but there's still three quarters left, and hopefully I can knock this off by Christmas too.

In sum

It's been a great Project Pan month for me so far and I'm hoping that it gets better because I have a couple of other products that are on their last legs (plus a couple of powders from my Pan that Palette challenge that may also be done really soon).

Fingers crossed that I'll have another empty or two by month's end : )


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.