Rituals Hammam Rituals Gift Set - unboxing and first impressions

/
0 Comments

When a sample Rituals product showed up in one of our Marie Claire boxes this year, I got super excited because that meant the brand had finally found its way to Australia. 

I'd fallen in love with Rituals when we lived in Berlin, and had been keeping an eye out ever since we migrated back - just in case the brand ever landed on our shores. I'm pleased to report that it has, and a couple of months ago I made use of a 20 per cent discount code and ordered a bunch of stuff from the website.

Now that I'm no longer pregnant and can easily reach my whole body (ha), I've decided it's time to give myself a treat and start using my stuff! First up is this little kit, which I'm itching to try.


I picked this set because it contains the Hammam Olive Secret Shower Paste, which I received as a GWP when I bought some stuff in Berlin. I instantly fell in love with it, and while I can't quite remember exactly why I loved it so much, I knew I had to try it again.

I was also in need of a body scrub when I was choosing what Rituals products to buy, and since this set contains two (one's in the form of a mud), it had my name written all over it.


The set contains:
  • Hammam Delight Foaming Shower Gel 200ml (RRP $15 AUD for 200ml full size)
  • Hammam Olive Secret Shower Paste 150ml (RRP $18 AUD for 150ml full size, but note this currently isn't available separately from Rituals' website)
  • Hammam Body Mud 70ml (RRP $22 AUD for the 150ml full size)
  • Hammam Hot Scrub 125g (RRP $39 AUD for the 450g full size)

According to Rituals' website:

The Hammam is one of the oldest cleansing traditions in the world. This steam bath experience from the East purifies both body and soul. This ancient custom inspired us to create a modern Hammam collection for your home. Enriched with revitalising rosemary and eucalyptus, the products cleanse, soften, and nourish the skin. Close your eyes and feel the warmth of your own personal wellness ceremony.

Let's have a quick look now at each item in turn. After that I'll use and review each product separately and then do a round-up post on the set as a whole, just in case anyone's interested in the kit itself.


Hammam Olive Secret Shower Paste

This is a hydrating shower paste that cleanses the skin and prepares it for exfoliation. Pure olive oil nourishes the skin, leaving it feeling soft as silk. Eucalyptus is deep-cleansing and refreshing. It's apparently great for dry skin because it's ultra-nourishing.

I can't tell you how restrained I've been in not opening this straight away! I hope I love it just as much the second time around.


Hammam Delight Foaming Shower Gel

Your skin should feel refreshed and revitalised after using this foam. It contains natural and aromatic ingredients of eucalyptus and rosemary. 

I absolutely love these foams and this will be the third version I've tested (I've already tried the pink and white ones). Hopefully I love the fragrance just as much as I do the others: I already know how much I love the product itself. It's one of my favourite products of all time (see review here).


Hammam Hot Scrub

This is a nourishing body scrub with sea salt, warming ginger and refreshing eucalyptus. It should leave your skin feeling purified, nourished and exfoliated, and soft and refreshed to boot.

I've been getting through dud scrubs via Project Pan and my general decluttering this year, and since I finished off the (mediocre) body scrub I was using yesterday, it's high time I opened this one. Fingers crossed it's as good as it looks.


Hammam Body Mud

This is apparently a micro-scrub with natural exfoliating grains and Rhassoul clay. It should leave your skin looking fresh and supple, and can also be used as a deep-cleansing mask.

I really can't wait to use this one. I usually have special facial skincare on the go, but like many, my body products tend to come from the clearance section at the chemist or supermarket. I can't remember the last time I used a dedicated body mask, and it's a good time to open it now since the weather's heating up and I'll be showing a lot more skin.

In sum

This was just a super quick unboxing to let you know what I'll be testing in the coming weeks. I also wanted to give you an idea of what these Rituals gifts sets are like, just in case you've had your eye on any - they're a great way to sample a few different things from the brand.

I'll check back in soon with individual reviews of the products and an overview of the kit as a whole. Looking forward!

Speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.