The big declutter 2016: mini overload

/
0 Comments

I promised myself as part of my 2016 declutter series that I would clear out my sample and travel-sized items before year's end. It's so easy to wind up with troughs of these, and if I didn't keep on top of them, I'd be drowning in them by now.

As you can see, I have ten items above: some of them have been hanging around for ages while others are relatively new. My aim is to at least try them before Christmas and write mini reviews or full reviews for them all (I won't be able to write full reviews for the items that don't contain enough product). Hopefully I'll finish most of them off by then so I can move them out of my collection.

What I'll do now is let you know what items I'm testing, and later on I'll update this post with mini reviews of each.


Goldwell Kerasilk Colour Shampoo & Conditioner

These came from beautyheaven and I've been meaning to use and review them for a while. They contain keratin and tamanu oil and are designed for colour-treated hair.

I remember using a straightening spray from Goldwell ages ago that I really loved (a sample came in Violet Box) so I'm hoping these are good. The shampoo should cleanse gently while protecting the colour of your hair, and the conditioner should moisturise, condition and enhance colour brilliance.

I don't have colour-treated hair these days but products like this often work just as well for dry, damaged hair. Fingers crossed.


Mecca Cosmetica Sunbrella Invisible Superspray SPF 50+ 

This is Mecca's completely clear, fast-absorbing, sunscreen spray for face and body. It's apparently a weightless, 4 hour water-resistant formula that's suitable for sensitive skin and offers maximum broad spectrum protection against age-accelerating UVA and UVB rays. 

This came in a Beauty Loop box and I've been dying to try it since it came out, so fingers crossed it's amazing!

Nars Liquid Laguna Bronzer

This also came in one of my Beauty Loop boxes and it's been sitting at the back of my cupboard for months. Nars products generally don't work for me as well as they seem to do others, and I haven't used a liquid bronzer before so I'm not sure how I'll go. It's a new version of the fabled Laguna and it's had some mixed reviews, so we'll see.


SK-II R.N.A Eye Cream 

This eye cream is apparently a potent, anti-ageing formula that promises to strengthen the delicate eye area, helping with sagging skin and reducing the appearance of wrinkles. I'm in need of a decent eye cream and this 2.5g sample should last a good while, so I'm looking forward to testing it. Mind you, I hope I don't like it too much because SK-II products certainly don't come cheap!

Kate Somerville Goat Milk Moisturising Cream

This has done the rounds in the beauty community lately so I'm looking forward to trying it. It's been formulated for sensitive, dry or damaged skin, or those prone to redness or rosacea. It should repair dry skin, soothe and exfoliate gently, and hydrate and condition at the same time. It sounds like something my skin would like so we'll see how it fares.


Josie Mara Argan Enlightenment Illuminiser

This is a concentrated liquid illuminiser that injects radiance, luminosity and dimension to the complexion. It came in one of my Mecca Beauty Loop boxes (indeed, many of the products in this post did) and I was pleased to see it because I've been wanting to try it.

Mind you, I've heard mixed reports - some people love it while others have found that it lifts their foundation when used as a spot highlighter - so I'm looking forward to seeing how it works for me. If I don't love it, it may be destined for Project Pan.

Hourglass Ambient Light Correcting Primer in Mood Light

This is an illuminating primer that should correct and perfect the complexion. I was really excited when these were released, but after having tested a sample in Luminous Light, I decided the product just wasn't for me.

The problem I found was that it sat in pores so it was really visible on the skin, and it also had a weird finish that I found really drying. I'll certainly use this just to confirm my first impressions, but I don't have high hopes.


The Body Shop Oils of Life Intensely Revitalising Sleeping Cream 

Overnight products are really having their moment (as cleansing oils did not so long ago), and this one apparently contains a unique blend of precious oils and powerful essential oils that should moisturise and rejuvenate your complexion while you rest. 

I'm always up for trying another one of these, but I don't have high hopes because The Body Shop's Oils of Life range hasn't wowed me thus far: the products I've tried have been nice, but not super effective. We'll see.

Chantecaille Jasmine Lily Healing Mask

This is apparently the ideal skin solution for sunburned, jet-lagged, irritated or wind-chapped skin. It helps cool and calm reddened skin, reduce inflammation, repair damaged tissue and promote cellular turnover. You can use it as a dedicated mask or as an overnight cream.

This sounds like something my skin would like and I haven't had much experience with Chantecaille skincare so I'm happy to give it a go. I'll likely use it as an overnight cream because I have so many masks on the go these days, but I'll test it for both purposes so I can report back.

In sum

I'm looking forward to trying these and letting you know how I go! I'm also looking forward to using them up so I can move a few extra things out of my collection before year's end.

Here's to clearing out the stores in readiness for the New Year : )


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.