March 2017 favourites

/
0 Comments
Hello all and welcome to my March 2017 favourites! It's been a pretty good month where beauty's concerned and I've been absolutely loving some of the products in my collection.

While I generally prefer to bring you favourites that I've already reviewed (just so you've got a reference to a more complete post if you're interested), this month I'm introducing a couple of products that I haven't posted on yet - purely because they're unquestionably favourites and lately I haven't been able to live without them.

So without further ado...


Monde Reve Angel Wash Cleanser

This cleanser came from Maslow & Co last year and it was love at first use for me. Indeed, I love it so much that I went and bought a back-up during one of Maslow's Christmas sales.

I haven't reviewed it yet but I'll do that soon because it's been a staple for me ever since I opened it. It's a foaming cleanser but it doesn't feel irritating or astringent in the slightest, and I think 'Angel Wash' is a good name for it because it does feel so light and gentle on the skin - like it's barely touching your face. Even better, the tiniest amount goes a long way so I can see my tube lasting out the year, even with frequent use. Just beautiful.


Oskia Renanissance Cleansing Gel

Yep, another cleanser and another product that I'm yet to review. If you're a beauty lover, you may have seen this cleanser doing the rounds in the beauty community for a while: it's one I've seen raved about often, so when Beautybay had a sale last year, I made sure to get my hands on one.

Thankfully the reviews weren't wrong and I've been really enjoying this product. It looks like a gel when you pump it out but then it converts to an oil when you massage it into your skin. It's orange in colour and the texture is divine: what I've been doing is applying one pump every morning and then leaving in on for twenty minutes (so I kind of use it like a mask), then I go back and apply water before rinsing it off and going in with my second cleanser. It leaves my skin feeling soft, hydrated and gently clean and I just love it.


Becca Mineral Blush in Bolero

I've been using this blush as part of my Project Dent series throughout March (see here), and I'm so glad I decided to 'dent' it because I've been loving it and I've (finally) got some good use from it. Full review here.

While Becca blushes are some of my favourites in terms of formula, this particular colour isn't one I've been reaching for often because I prefer Becca's Sweet Pea and Wild Honey as nude blushes: Bolero pulls a little too ruddy on me and it's also too red to use alone as a bronzer.

Still, I've been mixing it with an Hourglass powder to cool it down and it's made a beautiful bronzer, plus it also works alone as an eyeshadow. Indeed, it's so useful that I can see it heading for my Project Pan list at some point, since I know I can get through it and I like it enough to use it every day.


Kevyn Aucoin The Etherealist and Make Up Forever Ultra HD Foundations

I don't think I've ever included products from my sachet posts in my monthly favourites before, but I couldn't go past these two foundations because I've been alternating them for the last ten days and I still have plenty of each left so they'll last me out the month.

It's been a while since I've used a foundation that's really grabbed me (aside from the Hourglass Illusion Hyaluronic Skin Tint, although I do like these two better), so I'm thrilled to finally come across two that I plan to buy.

Both offer a beautifully natural, buildable coverage so you can wear them more lightly as I do (I prefer a light to medium coverage), or you can build them up if that's the look you prefer. They also both offer a slightly radiant finish that isn't too much, and although they don't come cheap, I don't need much of either when I use them so I can see the full-sized bottles lasting me a year of frequent use. No prizes for guessing what my next foundation purchases will be!


Rituals Hammam Body Mud

Full review here. I used my last application of this product last night, so expect to see it show up in my empties soon. It mightn't be my favourite of all the Rituals' products I've tried (the shower foams are HGs of mine - I've reviewed one here), but I still really enjoyed it and I'm sad to see it go.

It's a scrub/mask hybrid that you apply to your body, then leave on for five minutes before adding water and massaging it in. Once washed off, my skin feels wonderfully smooth and silky, so I've enjoyed having my body skin feel nicer than usual throughout March.

Worth noting here is that one of my readers just alerted me (thanks!) to the fact that Rituals is closing Australian operations, which makes me very sad because I love their products and I'd hoped to try more from the range. While I do have a couple of unopened items in storage, I can't imagine ever being without their shower foams so I don't know what I'll do! Thankfully one of my brothers lives in Amsterdam...

In sum

I hope you enjoyed this post and found a few ideas of products you might like to try. It's definitely been a great beauty month for me and I had even more items in mind when I started writing this list, but I've narrowed it down to the ones that have grabbed me more than any other.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.