Project Dent 2017 update: Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit in Surreal Light

/
0 Comments

So I've just done an update on my other Project Dent product for March (see here) and I'm now back to do an update on the second product I've been denting this month - my Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit in Surreal Light (reviewed here).

Note that I bought this product as soon as it was released in Australia (October 2016?) and I've been using the bronzer almost every day since then. Reason being, I didn't get much brown in mine so I thought I may as well use it as a finishing powder, and throughout March I've also been using it mixed in with Becca's Bolero to cool that down and make it better for bronzing.


I wanted to give you that background because there was decent progress in the bronzer (bottom middle) before I brought it into Project Dent, and given that I've been using it daily as a setting powder and/or a bronzer (as well as for highlighting) for five or six months now, it's no surprise that I've hit pan during the denting period.

I also wanted to mention this because, if you're worried that these pans are too small, it's certainly saying something that it took almost half a year to hit pan on one of the smaller shades, given that it was being used all over the face, mixed in with a bronzer and also for highlighting. These pans last longer than you might think!

Anyhoo. Here's how it looked when I introduced it to Project Dent, back on 14 March:


And here's how it looks now, as of 27 March:


As you can see above, I've now hit a decent amount of pan on the bronzer shade (you can see the diamonds showing through).

I've enhanced the below photo for clarity (so rely on the above shot for colour and not on the below one):


The nude blush shade above it also looks like it's been flattened a bit, although the other pans look reasonably new.

There we are again, from a different angle:


As you can see, I've definitely made some good progress on the bronzer! Not only have I hit pan, but I've also exposed a little bit more brown in the process so I may be able to use what's left for bronzing, which I couldn't do before because I had too much of the champagne colour.

So I'll put this aside for now but I'll still carry it around with me because it's my perfect palette (indeed, I bought a back-up, which I've never done with a makeup product like this before and may never do again), and I can see myself getting through it within two or three years without trying too hard to do so - except when it comes to the bright blush, since blushes take forever to finish.

And since I do have a back-up, you may well see this show up in Pan that Palette 2018 or 2019. We'll see.

Now to pick out my next Project Dent item...

Speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.