Project Pan 2017: March update

/
0 Comments

Hello all and welcome to my March Project Pan update!

It's been a much better month for me than the last two and I've happily finished off nine items in March. Huzzah!

As you can see above, this includes four things that I've used up since my last mini update: another Peter Thomas Roth Mask; a hair oil; a travel-sized BB cream and my Vivito blush (a whole blush!).


There they are again above. I've just seen that there's a tiny bit left in the hair oil, so I've now whacked that on as a pre-wash treatment and the bottle looks empty again : )

As for the rest of my list:


So, above we have:
  • Gorgeous Cosmetics Base Perfect Liquid Foundation in 2N-BP
  • Bodyography Oxyplex Foundations in Wheat and Cocoa Tan
  • Maybelline FitMe Concealer in 10 Light
  • Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Topaz
  • 'Tini Beauty Eye Cordial Shadow + Base in Spiced Rum
  • Inika Certified Organic Eyeliner Pencil in Black Caviar
  • Davroe Smooth Senses Straightening Balm
  • Nicole by OPI Nailpolish in Play Fair
  • Hikari Lip Crayon in Macchiato
  • Bodyography Lipstick in Seductress 
  • Chantecaille Lip Chic in Anais
  • Becca Under Eye Brightening Corrector (switched out)
  • Kerastase Elixir Ultime Hair Oil
  • Peter Thomas Roth Irish Moor Mud Mask
  • Peter Thomas Roth 24k Gold Mask
  • St Tropez Self Tan Classic Bronzing Mousse
  • Bodyography Concealer in #430
  • Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer in Light
  • Vivito Illust Secret Blusher in PK02 About Pink
  • Shanghai Suzy Lipstick in Miss Tanielle Desert Rose
  • Nude by Nature Sheer Glow BB Cream in 03 Nude Beige

So yes, I've finished off nine products in March and I've also moved my Becca Under Eye Brightening Corrector out of circulation for now. Reason being, I've just bought Becca's Papaya corrector and I'd rather focus on that for a while. But I've used up half the original Becca product and I'll bring it back later on.

If you would like to see my last full update, it's here.

Let's have a quick look at each of my eleven remaining products.


Annoyingly, I can't see how much is left of my Gorgeous Cosmetics foundation because the packaging is black and you can't unscrew the pump - I suspect I'm around halfway through it, and I can't see this being done much before June because it's so dark that I can only use a little when I mix it. And of course I only have one face ; )

As for my Bodyography powders, as always these are slow-going (see markers below) and they'll likely be on my list until the end of the year. Still, at least we can see some progress so I know that my efforts to use them haven't been in vain!


You'll also note above that there's been more progress than usual this month on my Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Topaz. 

I don't think I've used it more: it's just that March was a longer month and I was late with my February update, which is why there's a bigger gap between my lines than there has been in previous months. This is also in for the long haul but I'll get there in the end.


Next up, hair and nails. You'll see below that I've made more progress this month on my Davroe straightening treatment: this is because I've now finished the two other hair products I've been panning so I've been able to focus more on this one. 

Still, I only use it as a pre-wash treatment and I don't wash my hair more than twice a week (often less) because it's dry and it doesn't like being washed too much.


As for my OPI nail polish, I've used this since introducing it to my list earlier in the month, but it's not showing progress yet so I haven't marked it again since that first line. 

It's not easy for me to find time to paint my nails (I have two young kids), so finishing this will be a challenge.


Next up, lip products. You will see my marker sheet below for each of these products, and I've definitely made good progress on all of them throughout March.

The Bodyography lipstick (that's the burgundy one) should be done sometime during April and I expect the Hikari lip crayon won't last out next month either.

The Chantecaille lipstick will be around a little longer, purely because I don't use it as much as the others - it's the most expensive lipstick I've ever owned so I'm in no rush to get through it, it's just that I want to use it up while it's still within expiry.


Last up, eye products. I'm starting to wonder whether I'll actually be able to finish my Inika eyeliner this year: you'll see on the marker below that I'm not making good progress. This is because I only ever line my upper waterline with it (I prefer a soft brown on my lower waterline because black 'closes in' my eyes) and I've no desire to rush through it because I don't have heaps of eyeliner in back-up.

You'll see that I've made a bit of progress on my Maybelline concealer and I've only recently introduced that to my list so I expect it will be gone within a few months. I'm using it to lighten the foundation mix I'm currently using (which includes the Gorgeous Cosmetics foundation above).

As for my 'Tini Beauty Eye Cordial, it's impossible to mark this because I can't tell how much is left, but I'm guessing I've used about a quarter. I'll only keep using this while it's still good (these get thicker when they're starting to expire) so it will be done this year whether I've used every drop or not (I've panned one of these before so I know what to expect).


There's my marker sheet above. You can see that I've made good progress on the Bodyography lipstick in particular. The Inika eyeliner is another story!

Next up, my replacements.


So for now I'm bringing in another four products, which will bring up my list to my happy total of fifteen (this is the number that works best for me - it's enough but not too much).

As you can see, I've brought in my last remaining cream blush (the Stila product), another hair treatment (which I won't be using on my hair) and two primers. 

I've chosen two primers because I've somehow wound up with too many in the last few months (see my recent makeup inventory here), and these two are on the smaller side so I'd like to get through them first.


So, for primers we have Maybelline's Baby Skin, which I haven't yet reviewed because I haven't had it long so I'm not quite sure how I feel about it yet (I don't think it's that good, but we'll see).

I've also got my Mecca Hydrating Primer, which unfortunately isn't that hydrating but it's not terrible and it will be easy enough to finish because it's a travel-size and I'm already halfway through it. I've reviewed it here.

I wouldn't normally include two of the same thing because it slows down progress on both, but in this case I will because I often mix them: I've found it helps to 'thin out' the Maybelline product a bit.


Last up, a John Frieda hair primer that doesn't work on my hair but it does make an excellent foot cream, and since I don't have a foot cream at the moment, it's a good time to use it. I've reviewed it here.

I'm also (finally!) bringing in my one remaining cream blush, which I've been meaning to do for a while. It's one of Stila's Aqua Glow blushes (reviewed here) and while I do really like it as a blush, I tend not to use cream blushes so I'll mostly use this as a lip tint - and I do really love it on the lips so I'm looking forward to that.

In sum

That's all from me!

March has been a good month and I don't think April will be anywhere near as successful, but I'll keep plodding along and look forward to kicking out some of those bigger products later in the year.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.