Project Dent 2017 update: Becca Mineral Blush in Bolero

/
0 Comments

Around three weeks ago, I introduced this Becca Mineral Blush in Bolero to my Project Dent series. While Becca makes one of my favourite blush formulas, this particular shade had been sitting there gathering dust because it's too ruddy on my cheeks and it's also too red to use as a bronzer.

So what I've been doing is mixing it with an Hourglass powder to cool it down and applying it as a bronzer for most of March. I've also occasionally been using it as an eyeshadow, and it works really well for that purpose too so this is the kind of product that I'll eventually bring into Project Pan because I know I can get through it and I like it enough to use it every day.

So, here's what my compact looked like on 9 March, when I introduced it to this project:


You can see that I've definitely used it but there's no dip in the middle and some of the original pattern is still hanging around on the edge of the blush.

What I'll do now is give you a few shots of how it looks as of today, 27 March, and hopefully you'll be able to see progress in at least some of them.

There we are below:


You should be able to see a slight dip in the middle and also note that I've now worn away the rest of the original pattern.

And again:


From a different angle (you should be able to see the dip better here):


One more:


So hopefully you can see some movement in the before and after shots above. I can, but I know it's there so I think that helps in terms of seeing it.

What I can say is that I know I've made good progress because I'm one of those weirdo people who keeps the little bits of plastic that you get sitting over new powder products. (I do this because then I can open them without exposing them to air - in case I open something but then decide to use something else, which often happens - and I tell myself this helps make them last longer (?!).)

The point being, I can push that bit of plastic down against the blush now and there's a definite gap between blush and plastic, and there wasn't when I bought it: when I bought it, the plastic sat directly on the blush.

Note that I did try sticking a pin down the side between plastic and pan because I wanted to know if this would be easy to depot. I don't think it will be since I couldn't shift the pan, but I did notice that the pan's pretty deep so I think there's more powder in here than meets the eye.

Nevertheless, it's on my list of Project Pan potentials now and I'm just deciding whether I'll introduce this product or a different bronzer into my 2017 PP challenge. In any event, I plan to pan both of them eventually so it doesn't really matter which one is first.

I'll check back in soon with another Project Dent update (the Hourglass one) and also with my next product for denting.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.