Omorovicza Discovery Set: round-up with mini reviews

/
0 Comments

Around ten weeks ago, I unboxed this Omorovicza Discovery Set (see here), although back then Mecca was calling it an Introductory Set - so that's a bit confusing because both kits are exactly the same. Hoh well.

I've now tried and reviewed each of the five items in the kit (review links below), and I'm back today to give you my thoughts on the set as a whole and also to write mini reviews of everything - just to cover people who are interested in the whole set and those who have their eye on anything in particular.


The set includes:

  • Deep Cleansing Mask (15ml), which should re-energise and brighten the skin while drawing out impurities
  • Queen of Hungary Mist (30ml), which should supply a hydrating and energising burst when needed
  • Thermal Cleansing Balm (15ml), which should remove impurities and makeup without stripping the skin
  • Cleansing Foam (30ml), which should leave skin clean and refreshed
  • Balancing Moisturiser (30ml), which should absorb instantly and hydrate the skin

The set retails for $110 AUD (it must have gone up: I paid $108 for mine) and the total value of the contents is over $200 so it's not a bad buy.

Let's have a quick look at each item in turn.


Omorovicza Thermal Cleansing Balm

Full review here. I liked this product but I didn't love it and it's certainly not my favourite of all the cleansing oils/balms I've tried, and there's nothing insanely special about it that I personally feel warrants the high price.

It's a greyish black product that's unusual in texture: there's something a little gluey and waxy about it that I wasn't expecting, and I'm not sold on the texture because it feels rather odd on my skin.

I mostly used this in the morning as my first cleanse and I did like it for that purpose, plus it worked well for makeup removal so you have that option if you want. 

My biggest gripe with the product was that it's something of a bugger to remove. You'll need warm water and a cloth to remove it, and while I mostly use a cloth anyway, I tend not to bother with one if I'm in a rush - but I have to with this; otherwise it really sticks to my face - which is why I couldn't use it daily. I don't have the time.

So while it was nice enough and it did clean my dry skin without stripping it or drying it out even further, it wasn't for me and I wouldn't buy it. This was second-last on my list of products from this kit in terms of how much I liked everything, so that puts things in perspective.


Omorovicza Cleansing Foam

This one ranked equal second of my favourite products from this set. It's just a nice, gentle cleanser and while it does lather a little, it doesn't foam up and it's not one of those cleansers that contains skin-harming SLS. I've reviewed it here.

I generally use this in the morning as my second cleanse. I use a balm or oil cleanser first and then go in with this to gently clean my skin. It does a good job of that and I enjoy the process of using it.

I have tried it as my first cleanse in the evening and also as my in-shower cleanser. It works well for all purposes and while it does lift makeup and impurities from the skin very well, I do need to use it under the shower if I'm going to get my mascara off - although I can say that for just about every cleanser on the market so it doesn't lose points there.

Overall I do like this but it's not a repurchase for me. I personally don't feel the need to spend this much on a cleanser unless it's off-the-charts good, and this doesn't quite make the grade.


Omorovicza Queen of Hungary Mist

Full review hereThis is a beautiful product, and while I do think there's something special and extra about it that places it above other facial mists I've tried, I'm not convinced that it's something I need to spend my money on.

It's a clear product with a light, floral scent that isn't overpowering. I use mine in the morning after cleansing, and the product feels soothing, hydrating and refreshing when applied. 

More than this, I feel like it does something to my skin that allows my serum and moisturiser to do a better job. Yes this mist hydrates, but it almost feels as though it opens my pores a little - and not in a bad way. In a way that helps my other products to penetrate.

Indeed, I feel that it operates as a kind of essence and toner in one, because my skin is less dry after use and also better-prepped for whatever skincare comes next. That's why I think it's more special than most other mists that I've tried.

Overall, this is a beautiful product and I really like it. As for whether I would buy it - probably not - but I'm certainly enjoying it while I have it.


Omorovicza Balancing Moisturiser

This wound up being my favourite item in the set, which surprised me because it's designed for oily/combination skin (I'm dry) so in theory it's not for me but I do really like it. I've reviewed it here.

It's a lightweight, white cream and I agree that it's a 'gel-cream' because it's so thin and light, and I also agree that it has a cooling effect on the skin. It's one of those products that's refreshing to use and I enjoy the process of applying it to my face. Indeed, I look forward to it.

I use this in the morning and it's one of those creams that does absorb somewhat but it also leaves a coating on the skin so I don't feel that all of it is sinking in. While I'm ok with that because I do use a hydrating serum underneath it anyway (so this cream does a good job of sealing in my other products and creating a protective barrier over my face), I wanted to note this aspect because it mightn't be hydrating enough for some. 

Overall it's hard to pinpoint why I enjoy this cream so much because it's not as though it's performing backflips, but I always look forward to using it and my skin feels nice both during and after application, so that's probably got a lot to do with it. It's also hydrating enough for day-use (for me) and it plumps up my skin nicely so that's another thing to note.

Lovely but not worth the $130 AUD price-tag, in my opinion.


Omorovicza Deep Cleansing Mask

Full review here. This is my least favourite item in the set and I don't recommend dropping $112 AUD on the full size because it's not worth the money, in my opinion.

It's a standard-looking clay mask that's quite thin in texture. I've been using it around once a week since I bought it: I wouldn't use a mud mask any more than that on my dry skin, although you could probably use it more often if your skin is oily. I apply a thin layer, leave it there for around 20 minutes and then wash it off.

While this product doesn't feel uncomfortable on my dry skin as it dries down (or after I wash it off), the problem is that it doesn't really do anything for me. Yes my skin looks a little brighter after use and yes it feels a touch more refreshed, but I've used budget masks that do the same thing so I certainly wouldn't pay over a hundred dollars for this product.

I also don't feel that it does anything towards detoxifying my face or drawing out impurities, so using this product is always a waste of time for me and I'm looking forward to finishing it.

Not for me.

In sum

I do think this set is good value and the 30ml Balancing Moisturiser made up the cost of the kit for me because I enjoy it so much, and when you add in my two second favourites - the 30ml Cleansing Foam and Queen of Hungary Mist - all of a sudden it's a good buy.

Having said this, I wouldn't buy it again because I feel I've explored the range now and decided that although there's a lot to love about it, nothing is worth the huge price-tag for me personally. 

Also worth noting is that, during the testing period, I managed to get my hands on a few samples each of the Omorovicza Omoressence and Refining Facial Polisher, and neither of those grabbed me so I've now given seven items from Omorovicza's range a good test-run and learned that it's just not my brand. 

Yes I like what I've tried and I would certainly use most things again (not the face mask), but I wouldn't buy anything again because I find that brands like Alpha-H and Ren make cheaper products that do more for my skin than these do.

So yes, if you're desperate to try Omorovicza then this kit is a great way to do it, but I suggest grabbing some samples of these products first to see if you feel it's worth your money.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.