The big declutter 2017: declutter round #6

/
0 Comments

Hello and welcome to another declutter post for 2017.

I actually photographed two rounds of declutter posts yesterday - one for skincare and one for makeup - and this is the makeup one.

Some of these items I've used while others are brand new, so I'll give the new ones away as gifts and I'll donate the used ones to a woman's shelter.

Also note that I forgot to photograph one of my items in the opening shot above (oops, apologies), so why don't I kick off by talking about that one:


Tarte Tarteist Lip Paint in Birthday Suit

I've done a swatch/first impressions post on this product: it's here if you're interested.

Long story short, there's nothing hugely wrong with the formula - it's just that I have dry lips so I can't tolerate 99.9% of liquid lipsticks, and this one's no exception. To be honest I can't tolerate many matte formulas, either.

Still, it's not a bad product and I've no doubt that someone will be happy to receive this. It's gone straight to the donations pile.


Benefit Hoola

This bronzer doesn't need an introduction, and I love it just as much as everyone else does. It's finely milled, it applies and blends well, and it's not too warm or dark so it suits a variety of skintones.

So why am I decluttering it? Because I wound up with five of these minis (long story) and I don't need that many, so I've put four together in a custom palette - that way it's easy to run my brush over the larger surface area - and this fifth one will be gifted to someone at Christmas. I'm sure it will be well-received : )


Maybelline Tattoo Brow 3 Day Gel Tint in Cool Brown

Full review here. This was a nice product but I think it's better-suited to those who don't have mountains of brow hair like I do. Since my brows look out-of-hand on their own, the best way for me to groom them is to run a pencil through them - otherwise they look too block-y.

This product did work and it did offer a long-lasting tint that gave me thicker and darker brows, but it looked too unnatural on me so I think it would work better for those who have sparse brows and need more filling than I do.

I'll donate this because I've used it, and I'm sure someone will love it. It's a good product.


Nude by Nature Soft Focus Illuminator

I've done a swatch/first impressions post on this product if you're interested: see here.

I've never bought anything from Nude by Nature but I've received quite a few things from the brand via sub boxes, review crews and also as GWPs - and not a single product I've tried to date has worked for me.

Like the BB cream I tested from Nude by Nature, this illuminator dried down and gave me this weird coating on my skin, so my tinted moisturiser balled up when I tried to put it down afterwards. I'm not sure what the brand includes in its products, but it obviously doesn't gel with my skin.

This one will also get donated to a better home.


O.P.I Nail Lacquer in Modern Girl

This is brand new and I only own two other nailpolishes so I would be keeping it except for one thing: it's exactly the same colour as another one I have open (from Sally Hansen), and I've barely made a dent in the latter so why keep a second polish in the same shade?

I know a few polish-obsessed lasses, so this will be gifted to one of them as part of a birthday or Christmas gift and I'm sure it will be gratefully received. In the meantime I wouldn't mind finding myself another nailpolish - I just haven't bothered before because I never have time to paint my nails anyway - but we're coming into party season now so I would quite like to have more than two options on-hand.


Avon Magic Effects Matte Top Coat

From memory this came from the Parcel, and if I had time for playing with nailpolish, I would have used it by now because I'm interested in seeing what matte polish looks like on me. But it's been sitting there for a while now and I know that it will get more use in someone else's hands, so I'll be gifting this product too.

In sum

That's all from me! 

I like doing these declutters frequently so I can pass things on while they're well within expiry. This also helps keep my collection under control: I don't like drowning in products that I'm not using, so I prefer to do regular declutters throughout the year, rather than doing it all in one hit.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.