Project Pan 2017 mini update #40

/
0 Comments

Hello and welcome to another Project Pan mini update for November.

I couldn't tell you off the top of my head how many products I've finished this month, but I know it's a few so I'm looking forward to seeing the tally at month's end.

The two products I finished over the last few days are my Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in 220 Heather Shimmer and the pan of eyeshadow that I mixed myself (it was moved over from Pan that Palette 2017, which I've now closed).


First up, this eyeshadow pan that contained a mix of Stila's Night Sky and the purple half of Nars Charade. I wasn't using these colours so I ended up mixing them and got my perfect grey: yes it was grey but it had some blue and purple in it so it brought out my brown eyes. I loved that shade. Lucky I have two more pans in my collection!

It's not easy to finish eyeshadows but this one wasn't pigmented so it wasn't too hard to get through.


As for the Rimmel lipstick, as you may know I really don't like this formula because it's drying and the product also stinks. On top of that, the two I've panned have all but melted into oblivion (whether it's hot or not) so it's not a very 'stable' formula and I don't recommend it.

There's my marker sheet below (and you're getting a sneak peek of the two lipsticks I'm about to bring into the project):


As for my replacements, I've picked four for now - even though I don't want that many products on my list - and what I'll do is not add in any more replacements as I finish things later in the month.

Here's what I've chosen:


I've picked two lipsticks, one hair treatment and a tanning mousse.

The tanning mousse you may remember because it was on my list earlier in the year and then I removed it because I wasn't using it enough, but I've decided to bring it back so I can knock it out before Christmas.

Let's have a quick look at each one in turn.


First up, my Too Faced lipstick in Juicy Melons (reviewed here). As you'll see above, there's not a huge amount left and that's because I've been quietly panning it outside my list for the last couple of months. Reason being, the Rimmel lipsticks I've panned have been too drying to wear without something underneath them, and I've been using this for moisture.

There's about a quarter left of the upper bullet and I hope to be through it within a month.


Next, my Marc Jacobs mini lipstick in Kiss Kiss Bang Bang. I haven't reviewed this yet and I need to, so I hope to do that over the coming weeks.

Yes it's only a mini but I'll be focusing on the other two lipsticks on my list for the next couple of weeks, and although I expect to make some progress on this during that time, I don't expect to finish it until the end of the year.
 

I've panned one of these Natural World hair oils before (see my review here) and I've had the second one for ages now so it's time to get through it.

So far it's one of the best hair oils I've tried because it doesn't weigh my hair down and it's so light that I can apply it throughout my entire hair - ie, I don't just need to focus the product on the ends.

It does a great job of nourishing my dry hair so I'm pleased that I'll be using it often again: until now I've been rationing it because I didn't want to get through it and have to buy another one. But it's old, so it's time.


Last up, my St Tropez tanning mousse (reviewed here). I do like this product but I find tanning creams a lot easier and faster to use (plus they're less fiddly and messy) so I would like to move this one out of my collection and instead focus on my other tanning products.

There's still about a quarter of the bottle left and I hope to finish it within the next month. 

In sum

That's all from me! I hope you enjoyed this little post, and that you're going well with your own panning projects.

We're getting to that time of year now when all I want to do is move the older things out of my collection so I have more room to play with the new ones, so hopefully I can finish off the Project Pan year with a lot more empties.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.