Project Dent 2017 update: Becca Mineral Blush in Songbird

/
0 Comments

Hello and welcome to my next update post for Project Dent.

I've decided two things for this round: first, I'm going to wrap up the denting period now even though we're not seeing much progress because I would prefer to focus on the other item I'm denting (being a palette of Kevyn Aucoin eyeshadows and highlighters); and second, I'm not going to bring in another product to replace this Becca one because the Aucoin palette is large enough to keep me occupied for the rest of the month on its own.


This blush is my newest Becca blush, even though I must have had it for a year or two now, and it's also the one showing the least progress because I've used it the least.

While I do love it, it's orange so it has more colour than my other Becca blushes (which are all varying shades of brown), and since I have orange blushes from Hourglass and Marc Jacobs that I prefer over this one, I haven't used it quite as much.

For this reason I'm looking forward to de-potting all my Becca blushes and adding them to a custom palette because I know that will encourage me to use them more. All I need to do is find the space! That's what panning is for, I suppose, and I'm currently working on making more room in my custom palettes so hopefully I can start the whole process soon.


Anyhoo! If you'd like to see my Project Dent intro post for this product, it's here.

And if you'd like to see my review of this blush, it's here.

To sum up that review, I do enjoy this product and the formula used to be my HG for blushes, it's just that I later discovered other formulas that do a little more for me. Eg, you can't beat how Hourglass products take years off my face, and while this Becca formula does blend well and lift the cheeks, it doesn't have that unicorn tears thing going on so it's lost its spot at number one - despite how much I still like it.

But enough preamble. Let's have a look at progress shots.

So, here's how my blush looked around two weeks ago, when I introduced it to Project Dent:


And here's how it's looking now, after two weeks' daily use:


Below I've enhanced the above two shots for clarity.

Two weeks ago:


Now:


Ok, so there's very little progress to speak of - which isn't surprising because the blush is pigmented and I only use a little each time. You should be able to see a very small dent in the centre of the pan: I achieved that by using the product occasionally as an eyeshadow, and if I hadn't done that, then I'm not sure we'd be seeing any difference!

Project Dent is my favourite project because it encourages me to circulate through my collection and make sure everything gets used (I suppose it's my version of a weekly makeup basket, it's just that I don't have enough stuff to warrant one of those), and while it's a useful project, it's not always one that shows really clear results: this round is one of those times. Hoh well. You can't win 'em all.

That's all from me for now. At the moment I'm trying to edit the mountains of photos I took for the new Hourglass Ambient Metallic Strobe Lighting Palette, so I hope to have that review up in the next few days.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x 


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.