Makeup no buy 2019: six month update

/
0 Comments

Hello and welcome to my last makeup no buy update for this half of 2019.

As you may know, I started my no buy in December, and since then I've barely bought any makeup - just the occasional item when I've run out of something completely.

This month I haven't bought anything again, although two new items did come into my collection on Mother's Day (one from my husband and one from my parents), so I'll report on those briefly below.

* Image courtesy of sephora.com.au

Becca Backlight Priming Filter

I've used and loved this primer before, so my husband was instructed to buy it for me when Sephora had a 20% off sale not long ago. If you're interested, I've reviewed it here.

I wanted it because I've only got two primers left and neither of them is great for winter, so there was a hole in my collection and this product fills the gap nicely because it's so hydrating.

I also like the glow it offers, although I can't wear it with my sheerer tinted moisturisers because it shines through so much. Still, I love it and I know I'll use it.

* Image courtesy of sephora.com.au

Armani Luminous Silk Foundation (Shade 5)

I've wanted to try this foundation for years because everyone raves about it, so my parents bought it for me for Mother's Day (they also got it at 20% off).

While I could have waited a little longer to own it because I'm not low on foundations, I only have three others and one is very close to being finished - so with the 20% off sale, it seemed like the right time to ask for it.

I hope it's as good as everyone says it is. Fingers crossed!


That's all from me. The Sephora sale this year came at a good time, given that Mother's Day wasn't far behind, and I'm glad I was able to score two new makeup items from the sale.

Otherwise I've stuck to my no buy pretty easily this year, and I'll now open things up in June (being my birthday month) so I can replenish my stores. I won't need too much - perhaps just a lip product or two - and after that I'll likely put myself back on a no buy or even start a low buy until the festive season, when I usually buy a festive release or two.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


* All images courtesy of unsplash.com


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.