May 2019 favourites

/
0 Comments
I'm super behind this month and I still need to do not only my Project Pan update, but also empties posts and my usual monthly round-ups (like this post and my no buy updates), so do bear with me while I try to squeeze everything in. I mightn't get there, but I'll certainly try.

It wasn't too hard to pick out my favourites this month because I haven't used much new stuff so the short list was very short, and in many ways that makes things easier.

Let's have a look.


L'Occitane Almond Delicious Paste

Full review here. This is a really gorgeous product and I absolutely love it. While I wouldn't buy it for myself very often because it's expensive for a body product, it's something I would consider treating myself to occasionally and then rationing so I can make the tub last. It's just a pleasure to use.

It's a cream product that smells sweet and in texture it almost feels like butter on the skin. Indeed, it feels so luxurious that I would almost buy it for the sensation alone. It also contains a reasonable amount of scrubby matter and the grains are a little on the scratchy side so they're effective. I wouldn't call it a harsh scrub, but it's not super gentle either so it should suit those who prefer scrubs with more punch.

Just a beautiful product, and one that makes me feel special whenever I use it. 


The Ordinary Argireline Solution 10%

I think this is a good little product and I noticed it was doing something for me from the moment I used it. While the difference isn't huge, it's definitely there and I absolutely recommend it - especially because it's not expensive so it's no big loss if it doesn't work for you. I've reviewed it here.

There's something about it that's refreshing and hydrating, and my skin always feels better once I've used it. Because it's so thin, it absorbs beautifully and I can always tell when I've applied it because my face looks more awake. 

It's also done something for the lines on my forehead and down the centre of my neck, and for my smile lines. Although the difference isn't dramatic, I can notice the change and I also think it has a toning effect that makes my skin look and feel firmer. Definitely worth trying.


L'Occitane Shea Cleansing Oil

Full review here. This is a lovely cleansing oil and I'm enjoying it. As with all oils and balms, it's the first thing I whack on my face when I get out of bed, then I leave it there for twenty minutes or so while I get the kids organised before going back in and adding water etc later on.

I love it for the morning spot because it feels hydrating on my dry skin so it acts like a kind of mask. I also use it in the evening to remove makeup, and it works very well for that purpose and even shifts my eye makeup reasonably well.

Overall I think this is a great cleansing oil and I recommend it. While it's not my favourite of all time, it's still very good and it's not too expensive for the amount of product you get so I think it's worth trying. Lovely.


Hourglass Ambient Strobe Lighting Blush Palette

This isn't my favourite Hourglass product but I've been using it as part of Project Dent for the last couple of weeks and I've been enjoying it so I wanted to include it. I've reviewed it here.

The way my palette is, I have three blush colours and three highlighters because the pans themselves are swirled in such a way that I can get only pigment or highlighter and I don't have to mix them. This suits me because I don't like shimmery blushes and these are too shimmery for me to use mixed, so I'm glad I can separate them.

As with all Hourglass powders, they blend and apply beautifully and they also airbrush the skin, so they take years off my face and help me look my best. Gorgeous.


Hourglass Ambient Metallic Strobe Lighting Palette

Full review here. Again, this isn't my favourite Hourglass product but I dented it this month and I really enjoyed it when I was using it, so I wanted to mention it here.

This is more intense than Hourglass' standard powders and it also doesn't airbrush the skin like normal Hourglass powders do (the formula is also a little drier than usual), but I do really like it on the eyes and that's how I use mine.

All three colours make for beautiful lid and highlighter shades because they're subtle while still having some impact, and I would be de-potting them to add to a custom palette if that were easy to do because I love how they look on the eyes so much. While I don't like them much on the face, I have found a way to use them so all is not lost.

In sum

As mentioned above, this was an easy favourites post to write because I haven't been using much new stuff lately so there wasn't much for me to choose from.

I enjoy and recommend all the above products, and while you can't get your hands on the Hourglass powders anymore, that's not a reason for me to avoid mentioning them in favourites posts because I want these posts to always represent what I've been loving most from month to month.

Anyhoo. That's all from me. Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.