Pan that Palette 2019: May update

/
0 Comments

Hello and welcome to another Pan that Palette update for the year!

I'm excited about this update because my Too Faced palette is starting to look a lot more loved, and I suspect I'll be finishing it earlier than I thought - which means I may well be able to start working on another palette before the end of 2019. We'll see.

Do note that I recharged my custom palette last month so it's now looking a little different (see update post here), and April's update is here if you'd like to see that.


First up, my Too Faced palette. One thing that continually surprises me about this palette is that it's so easy to use, it always looks good and I've never done a dud look with it. Yes it's not the most pigmented palette on the market, but that doesn't bother me because I don't go for strong eye looks, anyway - and I'm yet to tire of it so that's a huge plus.

Anyhoo! Here's how my palette looked last month:


And here's how it's looking today:


As you can see, I've made a good chunk of progress on this over the past month.

Unsurprisingly I've cleared out Cashmere Bunny (which was on its last legs), and I'm so close to finishing Honey Butter that I'll likely finish it quite early in the coming month.

As for the other shades, we're seeing a good amount of progress on both Chocolate Cookie and Sexpresso, and I expect those shades will be the next to go. Nudie is also starting to look more loved, and that's because I'm now mixing it with Sexpresso to get my perfect brow colour (I was using Cashmere Bunny for that before). Strapless and Risqué will likely be the last shades to go, but I'm making slow progress on those as the months pass.

Now for my custom palette.

Here's how it looked last month:


Today:


As always, let's work in sections - and do note that, from now on, I've decided to only use enhanced shots to make these posts shorter (the enhanced shots have better clarity and focus), so don't rely on the below photos for colour because enhancing things can make them look a little warmer.

My Kevyn Aucoin shadows, as they were last month:


And today:


So I've made some more good progress in the gold shimmer, but everything else is looking pretty much the same - even though I've used all these shadows a good few times over the past month.

The pink actually has a reasonable dip in it now and I should get close to finishing it this year, although unfortunately you can't really see the progress in these photos because pale shades tend not to photograph well.

As I've said before, I'll start working on these a lot more once I've finished my Too Faced shadows.

My Kevyn Aucoin bronzer, as it was last month:


Today:


There isn't a huge amount of progress in this but I can definitely see some.

This bronzer is super pigmented so I won't be surprised if it lasts until the end of the year, but I don't mind that because I really enjoy using it and it also works well on the eyes.

Next, some Becca mattes and a shimmery bronze I mixed myself. 

Here's how they looked last month:


Today:


So there's very little change here too, although you should be able to see that I've used all four shadows over the past month.

Going forward I'll start focusing more on the brown shimmer (now that I've panned the other shimmer, see below), so I'm hoping that will be gone in the next couple of months.

I should also be able to start working more on the other three shades very soon, since the similar colours in my Too Faced palette are on the way out.

Last up, my remaining round pans, as they were last month:


Today:


So I've managed to clear out that shimmer on the end, which I mixed myself. I'm glad it's dead because I was getting over it, and I'm also glad to see at least some obvious progress on my custom palette this month!

The other shades have been used a bit, but again, expect to see more progress on these once I've cleared out more shadows from my Too Faced palette.

In sum

That's all from me. I'm glad I'm getting through my Too Faced palette and I'm really looking forward to seeing how far I can take it by the end of next month.

Do note that progress on my custom palette will continue to be slow because I need to start cycling through the other shadows I own as part of Project Dent, but I don't mind that because I wasn't expecting to get through many shadows in my custom palette this year - I just wanted to make a good start on them so I could clear them out next year.

That's all from me. Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.