Project Dent 2019 update: Hourglass Ambient Strobe Lighting Blush Palette

/
0 Comments

Hello and welcome to another Project Dent update post for the year.

I've now been using this blush palette for two weeks, so I'm ready to check back in and show you my progress shots before moving it out of circulation and choosing something else to replace it.


If you're interested, my review of this palette is here

While I do really enjoy it and it's up to Hourglass' usual standards, I prefer the original Hourglass blushes because they're not as shimmery as these ones.

Nevertheless I've been lucky with the individual pans in my palette because I can focus my brush in particular areas and get both a blush and a highlighter from each pan. This means it contains six different powders in practice, which can only be a good thing!


Now for progress shots.

Incandescent Electra, as it was two weeks ago:


Today:


Below I've enhanced the above two shots for clarity.

Two weeks ago:


 Today:


You should be able to see that I've worked away a little more on that right side of the product where I've hit pan, and also that the surface of the rest of the blush isn't as smooth as it was before. 

While of course we're not going to see a huge amount of progress in only two weeks, I can definitely see some and that's the main thing.

Brilliant Nude, as it was two weeks ago:


Today:


Below I've enhanced the above two shots for clarity.

Two weeks ago:


Today:


You should be able to tell that I've now made a good mark in the highlighter sections of the pan, and indeed I used the gold highlighter more than I used the other two shades because it's my favourite of the three.

While I have also used the brown sections of the pan a lot over the denting period, you can't see that as easily - although hopefully you can see where I've focused my brush up the top of the pan.

Euphoric Fushion, as it was two weeks ago:


Today:


Below I've enhanced the above two shots for clarity.

Two weeks ago:


Today:


As with the other two shades, I've mainly been able to make a mark on the highlighter portion of the pan when it comes to this colour. Yes I've used the purple swirls a bit, but you can't really see that and the main visible difference is where you can see that dent in the centre of the pan.

In sum

It's been a good round of Project Dent and this palette is now looking more loved than it did before. While the progress isn't huge, it's a start and that's the main thing.

What I'll do now is set this palette aside for the moment and pick out my next item for Project Dent. I suspect it's time to start circulating through some of my bronzers.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.