May 2019 empties #2

/
0 Comments

Hello and welcome to my second empties post for May.

I'm hoping to get a third one in before the end of the month, although it won't be easy because there's only half a day of May left! We'll see.

In no particular order...


Andalou Naturals Clementine + C Illuminating Toner

Full review here. This product was ok but it's not my favourite from Andalou because it doesn't suit my skin (and note that it's designed for normal to combination skin so that might be why it's not right for my dry skin).

The product smells like orange peel and it's a nice, refreshing scent that I enjoy. In terms of how it feels on my skin, unfortunately I find it to be a little too astringent so it can make my skin feel dry after use, but it's not too bad and I can still use it. I also find that my face feels rather 'over clean' after use, and while I wouldn't say that this product strips my skin, it does something a little like that and I feel like it's removing my natural oils. Not for me. Repurchase? No.

Palmer's Coconut Body Oil

I enjoyed this oil and I'm sad I've finished it because I need another body oil. It's quite thin so I didn't use much per application and the bottle lasted me a while. It has a nice, soft coconut fragrance that wasn't as strong as other Palmer's products I've tried, so it may be for you if you prefer softer scents. I've reviewed it here.

As for how it performs, my skin loves this stuff. It's just what my dry skin needs, and it's the kind of lightweight but still nourishing oil that I could use at any time of year. Do note that while it absorbs very well and it is light, it still leaves a slight residue so it mightn't be the right product for those who prefer a super dry oil. Repurchase? Yes.


Ethique Lime & Ginger Body Polish

Full review here. This came in my first-ever Maslow & Co box some years ago, and I've now been through a number of bars. It's one of those products that I didn't think much of to start with but soon fell in love with - so much so that it made my monthly favourites list a couple of times.

It's just a beautiful product that smells and feels wonderful, and while it's not the most effective body scrub I've used, it still does a reasonable job of polishing the skin and I really enjoy it. I'll miss it! Might have to pick up another one : ). Purchase? Yes.

Ethique Sweet Orange & Vanilla Creme Bodywash Bar

This is a really lovely product and I enjoy the experience of using it, but it's not super effective and I don't feel that it cleans my skin very well - so it's not one I would recommend if you need something that really gets in there and washes your skin. Full review here.

Nevertheless it smells absolutely divine (it indeed smells of orange and vanilla), and it's a scent I love because it's sweet, rich and wonderful. Note that it doesn't lather, though, and my skin doesn't feel super clean after I've used it so I tend to use a bit of body wash to help get the job done. Still, it's very hydrating so it suits my dry skin well. Repurchase? Yes, for the experience of using it.


NuFACE Optimising Mist

Full review here. I don't know much about this brand and I haven't tried any of its other products, but this mist is lovely and I definitely recommend it if you want something hydrating and refreshing.

What I like about this is that it's incredibly cooling and soothing when applied, and my face feels refreshed when I use it. It's also hydrating enough for my dry skin and that's a huge plus for me personally because not all mists are, especially now that it's getting colder and my skin is getting drier. I love that it gives my parched skin a big drink and also removes any powdery look from my makeup, so it's a good one to spritz if I've just done my face and want everything to merge and settle. Repurchase? Maybe.

Madara Micellar Water

I didn't hate this product but I didn't love it either. Sure it's gentle, but it's not super effective and I wouldn't buy it for myself. Worth noting is that it's had mixed reviews online (some love it while others agree that it's not very effective), so I'm not the only one who didn't get on well with it. I've reviewed it here.

From the moment I used it, I could tell that it wasn't a 'heavy duty' product. Some micellars really cut through grease while others don't do the job so well, and this falls in the latter category. It doesn't do a good job of makeup removal (whether waterproof eye makeup or otherwise), so I need to get the rest of my makeup off with something else. Purchase? No.


Trilogy Ultra Hydrating Hand Cream

Full review here. I don't mind this hand cream but I do prefer products that I can use for both day and night so I probably wouldn't buy it again. 

It's on the thick and rich side, and it smells like vanilla, orange and amber. It spreads and absorbs well, and I like how hydrating and nourishing it feels on the skin. Once applied, it leaves a slightly greasy residue that's fine for night use but I don't like applying it during the day because I need to wipe my hands down before eg I use my computer. I don't like having to do that (with a toddler and a pre-schooler, it's hard enough to find the time to apply hand cream in the first place), so I tend to use things I can whack on at any time of day because that makes my life easier. Repurchase? No.

Skin Physics Dragon's Blood 3 in 1 Advanced Treatment Cleanser

I'm really enjoying this cleanser and I'm so glad I bought it: I would absolutely buy it again, and it's become a favourite very quickly. It feels quite cooling and soothing on the skin when applied, so it's been a good cleanser to use at any time of year. I've reviewed it here.

This cleanser doesn't lather so much as become thinner and silkier when you add water. It's a lovely texture and I enjoy having it on my face. I also enjoy that you can leave this on for a few minutes as a mask: I love a good double-purpose product and this is definitely one of those. When I wash it off, my skin is left looking brighter and fresher, and also feeling smooth and softer to boot. I also like that it not only exfoliates my skin, but cleanses it nicely too. Repurchase? Yes.

In sum

That's all from me. It's the last day of May here in Australia and I'm keen to get another empties post up after this one because I'm drowning in them at the moment.

The best items in this lot were the Skin Physics cleanser, the Palmer's oil and both the Ethique bars.

Do let me know in the comments if you've finished anything good this month: I'd love to hear.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.