February empties: finished beauty products this month

/
0 Comments

Hooray for empties!

I didn't think I'd gotten through too many products this month, but turns out I have. There's a few from Project Pan in there and a couple of travel size items, but I'm still doing pretty well in terms of using what I have and not buying anything new : )


KUU Konjac Sponge with French Red Clay

Full review here. Unfortunately this product was rather useless. It didn't add anything to my cleansing routine and, if anything, seemed to send it 'backwards'. It was too gentle and high maintenance. Not worth the hassle. Purchase? No.

Christian Dior La Dolce Vita

Oh how I love this fragrance. It's one of my all time favourites and one of the few I've purchased again and again. It's not an everyday fragrance (it's too sweet/memorable) but it's one that makes me happy whenever I spray it. It really does smell yellow. I'm sad to see it go (particularly because I'm on a spending ban!) but I have been wanting to get through it because it was getting a little old. Repurchase? Absolutely.


Mizon Water Volume Aqua Gel Cream

Full review here. This was a Memebox inclusion that didn't live up to its claims. It's essentially a cheap gel that feels a little sticky on and doesn't do much. It got sent to the body cream section pretty quickly because I have much better products for my face. Purchase? No.

Beauty Firm Rubbing Jelly Scrub

Full review here. I quite liked this little scrub: it had plenty of scrubby matter in it and I enjoyed using it. I didn't limit it to my elbows and heels however and while having a dedicated elbow/heel scrub is a cute idea in theory, I also think it's getting a bit ridiculous (am I meant to have separate scrubs for the various parts of my body?!) and gimicky. Still, I enjoyed using it. Purchase? No.

Ladykin Broccoli Super Brightening Cream

Full review here. Another rubbish Memebox inclusion that got sent straight to the body cream section. It's lucky I have my husband to help me finish off all these creams I don't really like ; ) - we haven't needed to buy body cream for a while hehe. Purchase? No.


Bioelixia Body Shaper Stretch Mark Diminishing Cream

Full review here. Thank god there's some good empties coming up in this post because I'm starting to sound negative (!). This one is pretty rubbish and doesn't do anything in terms of addressing stretchmarks - it didn't for me, anyway. If anyone has ever found a stretchmark cream that works, do let me know - but those things are largely genetic and there's not much you can do about them. Purchase? No.

Happy Skincare Black Cumin Seed Oil

Full review here. In short, this remains one of my favourite Happy Skincare products. It's a lovely oil and it does wonders for my skin, and I keep coming back to it. Plus it's reasonably priced and the company's Australian. Repurchase? Yes.


Pantene 3 Minute Miracle Treatment

Full review here. I've used this many times before and I was happy to see it in my recent Priceline goodies bag - I used it straight away and, as always, my hair felt heaps better afterwards. My hair is in the dry/damaged category and it drinks treatments like this one up. I must remember to source some more. Repurchase? Yes.

John Frieda Frizz Ease

Ah, my HG hair product for frizz. And I haven't written a full review on it! That's mainly because this container is so old that it was definitely time to source a fresh product, and one that would look prettier in photos ; ). I love it. It works. Repurchase? Yes.

Chihtsai Instant Treatment

This is an intense leave-in moisturiser for your hair. I'd never heard of the brand so I did a quick Google search, and the small number of reviews on this product have been glowing. The product's fine, I just don't think it's amazing. It's one of those leave-in treatments that seems to moisturise well, but also leaves your hair rather sticky and weighed-down in the process. I wouldn't buy it but I'm glad I've tried it. Purchase? No.



Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 8% AHA Gel

Full review here. This is a decent glycolic acid product, it's just a bit strong for my sensitive skin so I can't use it enough to get its full benefit. I've heard many rave about it though, so if your skin isn't like mine then it's worth giving a go. Purchase? No.

Purebess Galactomyces 100%

Full review here. Another Memebox product that did nothing (sensing a theme here?! ; ) ). It's one of those products that contains the same stuff as that fabled SK-II range, it just did absolutely nothing for my skin. I ended up using it as a kind of toner (on cotton pads) to get rid of it. Purchase? No.


Lancome Visionnaire Advanced Skin Corrector

Full review here. This is a really lovely product to use, I just don't think it's worth the price tag. I received this in Marie Claire's The Parcel, and it's not the first trial size I've used. It feels really wonderful on and makes my skin look more velvety and refined, but I haven't noticed any cumulative effect over time. I would stick to something cheaper. Purchase? No.

Philosophy Purity Made Simple 3-in-1 Cleanser for Face and Eyes

Another inclusion from The Parcel. It's too gentle for me and I ended up using it as a body wash. Really, I just like the little container and plan to re-use that ; ). I'm sure that lasses with super sensitive skin would love this, but I need something with more grunt. Purchase? No.


Natralus Paw Paw Gel

This was an LHI inclusion and it's nice and soothing, and I can see how it would have a great cooling effect on sunburn. I used it on my (ex) preggers belly and it was nice for that - it just left a bit of a sticky residue so it's not my favourite gel of this nature. Purchase? No.

clariSEA Rapid Detox Charcoal Exfoliant

Full review here. This was from Violet Box. I liked it but I didn't love it: the salt dissolved too quickly, meaning it wasn't the best exfoliator I've used. Still, it was refreshing and I'm definitely glad to have tried it - I just didn't like tasting salt in my mouth every time! Purchase? No.



I'm going to be lazy and not comment again on my Project Pan 2015 products, but you can see my thoughts on them here. In short, I would buy the Colour Theory nail polish and the Mememe face base, but not the other two.


Indio Eye Rise

Full review here. I like this little eye cream and I've been through three 5ml travel sizes now. One of those I sourced through a FB swap group, so I suppose you could (kind of) say that I've already repurchased it in a sense. My eyes like it, and I'm getting to the age now where I do need a decent eye cream. Repurchase? Probably not, just because I can't afford it ; )

Nars Makeup Removing Water

Look, this works well and it's a nice product, but would you pay $38 for makeup remover? I wouldn't - particularly because I seem to use so much remover each time (a lot gets lost on the makeup pad). I say don't bother for $38, but if you have the dough, go ahead! Purchase? No.

In sum

Some great and not-so-great products bite the dust this month. The best in there are the Dior perfume, the Mememe primer, and the Happy Skincare oil. Honourable mentions go to Indio's Eye Rise and Pantene's hair treatment.

That's it for this month! Looking forward to seeing what I can get through in March : )




You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.