Nars attack! A bundle of Nars samples

/
0 Comments

As you may know, I stalked Mecca from about week 37 and onwards during my pregnancy. I was determined to use those final few weeks to do things I mightn't be able to do for a while (see movies, eat out etc) and going to Mecca for a browse was one of them.

On one of those visits, one of the lovely staff members took pity on me and gave me a bundle of Nars samples. I'd just spent the last of Santa's gift cards and was feeling a little woeful about this, and I think he thought 'this poor waddling sod needs some joy in her life', so he was kind enough to make my week.

The above is what he gave me - minus four of the foundation samples, which I already had.


Nars Light Optimizing Primer

This aims to enhance and extend the vibrancy of makeup. It minimises the signs of fatigue and leaves the skins appearance luminous and radiant. With an SPF 15 incorporated in this lightweight, oil-free formula, this product can be worn alone as a daily sun protection.

You may have heard me mention before that I'm yet to find an HG primer. Well, after having tried this and a few samples from Eve Lom - there are now two in the running! I really really loved this. It's gone straight to my wishlist. If only I'd received the 8ml tube of this primer and two 1ml sachets of the other one hehe.

This is reminiscent of MAC's Strobe Cream. If you haven't tried it, see if you can sample some. It feels wonderfully velvety on and makes your skin look amazeballs, and this is coming from someone who has no great love for primers. Products like this one might just change that!

Nars Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base

This aims to create a seamless finish for both cream or powder shadows. The unique formula of polymer and mineral powder helps colour adhere for long lasting wear, while the deep sea extract and antioxidant rice extract keeps the delicate eyelid smooth and ready for application.

To be honest, I'm still not sure where I sit with this product. Yes it gives a good base, but it's really really grippy - almost too grippy - and therefore makes shadows apply patchily and also makes them harder to blend. One of the Mecca staff advised me to apply a finishing powder first (to manage the grip factor) and while I did this, I still think this might be too much hard work for me.


Nars Makeup Removing Water

This is infused with refreshing cucumber, calming chamomile and hyaluronic acid; it cleanses the skin of makeup without the need for rubbing. The gentle formula is soap-free, oil-free and alcohol-free, ensuring that skin is left feeling soft and soothed.

Look, this works well and it's a nice product, but would you pay $38 for makeup remover? I wouldn't - particularly because I seem to use so much remover each time (a lot gets lost on the makeup pad). I say don't bother for $38, but if you have the dough, go ahead!


Nars Pro-Prime Pore-Refining Primer

(Say that five times when you're blotto.)

This aims to create a smooth, refined base and the perfect canvas for makeup application. Mineral powders help to regulate shine while blurring the look of pores, fine lines and wrinkles. Contains pure lentil seed extract to help diminish the appearance of dilated pores over time, natural bisabolol and butterbur root extract calm and soothe the skin, while vitamins A, C and E provide antioxidant protection from free radicals. 

I did like this - it's smooth and feels lovely and velvety on, plus it hydrates well and definitely makes my skin look brighter and fresher, and it smells nice. It also does create a good base for makeup application and I'd be singing its praises more if I hadn't have tried the light optimizing version (above) first. I also prefer Eve Lom's radiance primer, but this is a great product too. Maybe I'm finally getting somewhere in the primer department!


Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturiser

Designed to hydrate and even skintone, this luxurious, oil-free tinted moisturiser reduces the appearance of dark spots and discolouration. Light-diffusing pigments blur and soften the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, pores and other imperfections and skin appears brighter and clearer.

O_o...

I almost wish I hadn't tried this. I'm completely in love with it already - it was definitely love at first use, and that love only grew as the days passed. My golly. If I didn't have a bundle of like products in stock, I reckon I'd be breaking my spending ban and buying the full size.

What I'll try to do for now is get my hands on more samples and write a full post, because it's that good I want to do a complete trial and review for you! In short, it feels wonderful on, disappears into the skin and makes you look like a natural, better version of yourself. That's exactly what I'm after in a base - waaahhhhoooo! This has gone straight to the wishlist : )


Nars Sheer Glow Foundation in Santa Fe

This is meant to deliver immediate hydration, even skintone and leave the skin brighter and more radiant. Used daily, your skin's texture and tone improve.

Scoring three 4ml sample of this is a pretty exciting deal - that's over a third of a full sized bottle. Unfortunately, this colour is too pale for me so I'll save a full review of it for winter, when I'll be able to use it properly.

I've tried it a few times nevertheless, and while I can see why so many people love it, I think it's too thick for me - I prefer a more natural look. Plus it's sticky and you can tell I'm wearing it. My husband doesn't like this and he's seen me in it a few times when I've been to Mecca and had this applied to my face in the right shade.

Probably not for me, but I'll keep an open mind for now.


Nars Sheer Matte Foundation in Fiji

While this is also too pale for me (so again, I'll save a full review for winter when I'm less tanned), already I can tell that I don't like it. Not only does it sit in pores, it also doesn't blend/apply well and it looks like a mask on me. Plus I don't like the finish - I prefer a dewy look.

I'm actually surprised by the quality of this - it's quite bad and just doesn't wear well - so I'd be interested to hear others' thoughts on it. Have you tried it; what did you think if so?

Round up

Well that's two products that have gone straight to the wishlist and will most likely be bought in future. This is why it's such a good idea for shops/companies to give out samples: suckers like me will always fall for some of them hehe.

Have you tried any of the above? Let me know what you think if so.


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.