Glazel Visage Single Matte Eyeshadow in S2 - review and swatches

/
0 Comments

We received one of these Glazel Visage eyeshadows in our March 2016 Lust Have It Women's Boxes (reviewed here).

I was really pleased with the colour I received because it's a matte neutral that can be worn with any look, and the pan is big enough that you could use the product elsewhere on the face - eg as a contour colour, which you can with this particular shade because it's the right kind of ashy brown.


There's the size of the pan above and the colour itself below.

Now I've done a search on Glazel Visage to learn more about the company and its products, but unfortunately not much info could be found. I can see from the back of the compact that the company is Polish, so it may be that there's not much English information online, which is why my searches are yielding nothing.


The only information I have on this product comes from the Lust Have It description card that came with the box. 

Apparently these are silk-textured, highly pigmented colours and they retail at $15 AUD for 3g. That seems like a lot to me - but then, everything's expensive in AUD ; ) - so I'd be interested to see what they retail for in Poland.

I did find one online retailer (Studio Cosmetics, see here) that sells these single matte eyeshadows for 8.90 Euro, although the packaging is different so it may be that we received our items in discontinued packaging - which wouldn't be the first time.

Anyhoo. There's a shot of my shade, direct sunlight:


And in natural light:


There's the colour in direct sunlight (it looks cooler here than it does when applied):


Some swatches in natural light, heavier on the left and lighter on the right:


Direct sunlight:


Indirect sunlight:


There I am below wearing a light coating across both eyes (I've dusted it across the entire lid and brought it up to around a centimetre below the browbone: you should be able to see the line fade out):


There's a close-up, natural light (I've concentrated the colour in the outer v and dispersed it evenly across the red of the lid):


Same shot, indirect sunlight:


Verdict

This is a nice eyeshadow and I'm really enjoying it. In particular I'm stoked with the colour I received, which not only serves me well as a matte shade to help retract my hooded upper eye area, but also works as a contour powder for the face. 

I can see myself getting a lot of use from the product, particularly when I eventually de-pot a few of my single/duo eyeshadows and put them in a palette so they're all together, since I have nothing else like this and it will be great for travel because it's multi-purpose.

As for the product, it's a beautifully soft and creamy shadow that has a high-end feel, although the packaging looks/feels cheap so I wasn't expecting the product itself to be any good. Happily looks were deceiving in this case, and the shadow is silky and pigmented: indeed, it's probably the best and most useful eyeshadow that I've ever received from a subscription box (granted, I've received so many unwearable/glitter-fest pinks and blues that there's not much competition on that front).

It applies well and blends with very little effort, which makes a time-poor lass happy. The texture is a little soft and powdery, so be careful not to dig your brush into the pan or you'll wind up dislodging flecks of product and you may also get some fall-out, but if you're careful you shouldn't have those issues.

Do note that this is one of those shadows that can diffuse into almost nothing if you over-blend it, which doesn't bother me because I prefer a softer eye-look, but it might be a problem for those who prefer a stronger, more defined eye.

The shadow wears well throughout the day, but note that I've only ever tried it with a primer because I apply one daily, no matter what shadow I'm reaching for.

All in all, this is a great little shadow and I'm loving it. Not sure I'd fork out $15 for something like this, but I'm certainly happy I received it and it's one of those shadows that I can see myself using until it's dead.

Lovely.


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.