Best in Beauty 2018: haircare

/
0 Comments
I wasn't sure what to do with this post this morning when I discovered that all my 2018 favourites for haircare are exactly the same as they were last year - I mean, do I still write this post? Or do I just leave it for this year because it doesn't contain new information?

In the end I decided to roll with it and repeat myself. I mean, I'm sure that old readers don't remember exactly what was on my haircare favourites list last year, and new readers mightn't have seen this so it could still be useful to someone.

So without further ado, here are my top haircare picks for 2018:


Best dry shampoo: Batiste Dry Shampoo, Wild

This range of dry shampoos was new to me last year, although no doubt they've been around for a while. The four I've tried are all good but I prefer this fragrance in Wild because it's not as overpowering as some of the other scents. Full review here.

What's great about this product is that it does exactly what it says it will do: it makes my hair look and feel cleaner and fresher, plus it adds body and texture to boot. 

The other good news is that it doesn't only work on hair that needs a wash: it also works if eg I've used a product that's left my hair feeling heavy and coated - a few sprays of this will manage the issue well. 

Plus it makes my hair easier to brush, adds some shine and makes my hair feel softer. So basically it does everything that I want and need a dry shampoo to do. Woot woot.


Best shampoo and conditioner: OGX Hydrating Macadamia Oil Shampoo & Conditioner

These products are the only ones on this list that have won for four years running. Full review here. They're just sensational for my dry, frizzy hair, and no matter how many shampoo/conditioner combos I've tried over the last few years, I keep coming back to these because they work.

I've always been one of those people who needs to load my hair up with product (leave-in conditioners, frizz treatments etc) to keep it looking half-decent, but this shampoo/conditioner combo is so good that I don't need to do that. Reason being, these leave my hair shiny, hydrated and more manageable, and they do a great job at banishing my frizz too. So basically they kick out the need for other haircare products and save me from buying any extras!

If you have unruly hair, I urge you to give this line a go.


Best detangling treatment: O&M No Knott Conditioning Detangler

Full review here. I love this stuff. I discovered it by chance because it was in the clearance section at one of the online shops I use, so I added it to my cart to qualify for free shipping. So glad I did! It's become a firm favourite and I can't imagine being without it.

It's a light spray with a fresh, fruity scent that's not too strong. What I love about it is that it leaves my hair feeling beautifully soft, nourished and manageable, and looking shinier and healthier too. It's one of those products that does exactly what it claims to do (rare, in my experience), and it's made the whole combing process so much easier than it used to be. 

A great product and one I recommend - especially if your hair is prone to dryness and knotting like mine is.


Best de-frizzer: OGX Hydrate + Defrizz Kukui Oil Frizz Defying Curl Cream

Yep, another favourite from OGX. This particular product was love at first use and I've kept on loving it for the last three years. I've reviewed it here.

It's so amazing that I reckon it's nudged out John Frieda's Frizz Ease from top position on my hair treatment list. The John Frieda product has been a favourite for years and I never thought anything could beat it, but something finally has. 

What I love about this is that it de-frizzes my dry, wavy hair and adds a healthy amount of shine without weighing the hair down (but don't overdo application or it will). It also makes my hair more bouncy, soft and manageable - and the effect lasts for days so you don't need to keep applying it.

A definite must-try for those with unruly hair.


Best hair oil: Natural World Moroccan Argan Oil

Full review here. I used to think that all hair oils were pretty much the same and I generally couldn't distinguish between the good and the bad, and while I still do think that's true in many cases, I've also used some rotten ones over the last few years so coming back to this one has made me realise just how much I like it.

Not only is it cheaper than many, but it also comes in this handy little handbag-sized bottle - perfect for touching up on the go. Yes you can buy a larger bottle but I wouldn't recommend that because it takes me ages to get through one of these smaller ones since you need so little each time.

It nourishes, repairs, tames frizz and adds shine and moisture - exactly what my locks need. Plus I can apply it liberally and it doesn't weigh my hair down - even if I use it throughout the lengths and not just on the ends.

Worth trying.


Best mask: OGX Hydrating Macadamia Oil Intensive Moisture Mask

Yep, OGX has cleared up again this year. My final haircare pick for 2018 is this mask, which does great things for my hair. I've reviewed it here.

I love this product and it's the best hair mask I've ever used. I still do love my Royal Moroccan Hair Mask Treatment (reviewed here), but this OGX mask delivers the same results, requires less product per application, and is available for a fraction of the price.

What I love about this product is that it leaves my dry, frizzy hair super shiny, soft, manageable and hydrated. Like the matching OGX Hydrating Oil Shampoo & Conditioner, it's also the only product I've ever found that almost completely de-frizzes my hair - even that hard, wiry stuff around the hairline that was previously impossible to tame - so I don't need to use leave-in conditioners or straightening treatments when I use this because the hard work is already done. 

Amazing.

In sum

That's all from me! I hope you've found something interesting in this post - and remember that none of these products is super expensive so they're absolutely worth giving a go, particularly if you wait for specials and pick them up on sale.

Do stay tuned because I plan to do separate posts for bath & body, facial skincare and also makeup over the next two weeks. Do bear with me because things are so busy at this time of year, but I hope to have all my favourites posts done before 2019.

Have you used any amazing haircare products in 2018? Do share in the comments if so.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.