Best in Beauty 2018: bath & body

/
0 Comments
Yesterday I wrote my Best in Beauty 2018 for haircare (see here), and I'm back today with my favourites for bath and body.

Although my haircare list was full of repeat items, thankfully this one contains mostly new products - with a couple of repeats for good measure.

If you're interested, last year's list is here.

So without further ado...


Best Self Tanner: Bondi Sands Liquid Gold Self Tanning Dry Oil

Full review here. I only discovered this in in 2018, but it immediately became my HG tanning product and I absolutely love it.

I love the coconut scent (it's easily the best-smelling self-tanner I've ever used) and I like that it's a dry oil so my skin feels hydrated but never greasy after use.

It also offers a very believable, natural-looking tan. It's a dusty tan colour and I don't need to build this to get a decent tan - one application is enough - although you can build it over a few days if you want to.

It's also one of the longest-lasting self-tanners I've applied, even though I exfoliate my body twice a week, and it applies evenly. Indeed, it's a cult-favourite for a reason. Love.


Best Body Cream: Nivea Rich Nourishing Body Lotion

This is an excellent body cream and I don't have a single bad thing to say about it. I've reviewed it here.

It's a rich, white cream with that familiar Nivea scent. Note that it's very thick and rich so it won't be for everyone, but it's perfect for my dry skin and I find it to be heavy but not too heavy.

It applies, spreads and absorbs beautifully, and a little goes a long way so I haven't burned through this like I have many other body creams. Plus it hydrates and nourishes my skin beautifully, and my body is always in better condition when I'm using this. Just gorgeous.


Best Body Oil: Palmer's Moisturising Body Oil

This product won best body oil last year and it's back again because I'm yet to find something that beats it. It's super lovely and a pleasure to use. I've reviewed it here.

Not only does it have that familiar, rich and chocolaty Palmer's scent, but it also hydrates my body beautifully and a little goes a long way so the bottle is lasting me ages.

It spreads and absorbs well, and although I wouldn't call it a dry oil (it does leave a slight residue), it's not super heavy so it doesn't feel like it's too rich. Plus if you wait for sales, you can grab it for five or six bucks. Yay to that.


Best Body Scrub: Body Blendz Coco Luxe Body Scrub

While this isn't the best body scrub I've used (or the best coffee scrub I've ever found), I still really like it and it's the best one I've found this year. I've reviewed it here.

While dry scrubs are quite messy and a hassle to use, I still really enjoy them and I always like having one in my shower, and this one smells like coffee and coconut so I love using it for the scent alone. Yum.

I love that my skin always feels polished and refreshed after use, and I also like that two applications a week is enough to keep my skin feeling softer and looking brighter. I also like that this brand is readily available at the chemist and often on special, so it's easy to get hold of cheaply and that's a plus.

I would absolutely buy it again.


Best Shower Foam: Rituals, The Ritual of Sakura Shower Foam

If you read this blog, this particular item will come as no surprise: it's easily my favourite bath & body product of all time, and one of my favourite products period. I've reviewed it here.

It smells divine and the foam it creates is so rich and luxurious that you'd be forgiven for thinking you're using a high-end product - but in fact at $15 AUD a pop, these foams are inexpensive and you can often find them on sale if you're prepared to wait. 

I won't bang-on too much about this product here because you're probably sick of hearing about it, but it's been on this list for three years running now, so that tells you something.

Indeed, I can't imagine ever being without one of these in my shower. So, so good.


Best Treatment Cream: La Roche-Posay Baume B5 Soothing Repairing Balm

Full review here. This is a brilliant product and I'm so glad I found it. While I usually use it on my face, it's great for the body too so I wanted to mention it because it works well anywhere.

It spreads and absorbs well - while still leaving a slight, protective barrier on the skin - so I'm not sure that I would even call this a balm because it doesn't behave like any other balm I've tried.

I use this when my skin is feeling irritated or sensitised, so if I've scrubbed too hard or perhaps have had an allergic reaction (eg on my underarms, which was happening this year until I found a good natural deodorant), and it soothes my skin beautifully and brings it back into balance almost immediately.

It also helps keep my dry skin feeling comfortable and deals with any sensitivity, and it's so cheap that I plan to always have one in my collection. It's just a great product.


Best Hand Cream: Origins Make a Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

Full review here. It was a toss up between this hand cream and L'Occitane's (I've reviewed that here), but in the end I went for this one because it surprised me and it was a tiny bit more enjoyable to use.

It's a white cream with a sweet and green, garden-like scent. It's quite thick and rich so it mightn't be for those who don't like heavier products, but for my dry skin, it's perfect.

What I like about this product is that it spreads and absorbs well, and it does a fantastic job of bringing some relief to my dry skin. I also had chilblains again this year so my hands were red, blistered, cracked and irritated, and this brought some cooling comfort to my skin without irritating any open wounds, so that's worth noting.

It's just an excellent hand cream and it's now among my favourites, and I think it may well stay a favourite for a long time.

In sum

That's all from me.

It's been a good year in the bath & body department, and I'm glad that I only have two repeat items out of seven: that means I've found some good stuff this year, which is always a positive.

Do let me know in the comments what body products you've been loving this year: I'd love to hear.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.