December 2018 empties #1

/
0 Comments

I currently have enough products for two empties posts (although I only photographed one lot yesterday) so it's looking like I'll absolutely have enough for three empties posts this month - and I'm hoping that I may even have enough for four. If so, that would be a personal record. Fingers crossed!

The good news about loading up the empties box is that it means I'm getting through enough stuff to warrant opening some new things, which I definitely need to do because the cupboard is overloaded with back-ups at the moment. Can't wait.


Cetaphil Skin Restoring Moisturiser

Full review here. This product was ok but I've used better body creams (and also cheaper ones) so I wouldn't buy it again. 

Yes it felt hydrating on my dry skin, but my issue with this product was that it took some work to rub in. I was always left with white streaks everywhere when I used this, and I had to work at it for a while in order to get it to absorb. It also left with a slightly sticky, albeit nourishing film on my skin - so if you don't like products that leave a residue, this mightn't be for you. Repurchase? No.

Andalou Meyer Lemon + C Creamy Cleanser


This product came in a Priceline gift bag and I was pleased to discover that I absolutely loved it. Indeed, I even gave it an HG tag. I've reviewed it here.

It was a creamy gel product and there was something a little sticky about the texture but I didn't mind that because it washed off well enough. What I liked about this was that it was gentle enough for everyday use but still effective so I could rely on it to clean my skin well. It also brightened my skin while cleansing it and my face always looked more awake after use, plus it felt softer, smoother and more balanced to boot. Purchase? Yes.


Amorepacific Vintage Single Extract Essence

I haven't reviewed this product because the sample wasn't large enough for me to do so, but I included it in a recent samples post so I'll be doing a mini review of it soon.

It was fine but I've used other essences I prefer, and given that this one costs $224 for the full-size, I would never buy it anyway. Yes it added a little hydration and yes it was a little brightening, but whatever it did, it didn't do enough of it and I prefer the essences I've used from May Coop and Origins (which are both significantly cheaper). This was nice but essences need to be amazing for me to add an extra step into my skincare routine, and this one didn't make the grade. Purchase? No.

Trilogy Age Proof CoQ10 Eye Recovery Concentrate

Full review here. This product annoyed me and I wouldn't buy it again. The damn roller-ball applicator didn't dispense enough product, which meant it took ages to get enough out for both eyes. For this reason I used it in the overnight spot, since I don't have time for fiddly products in the morning or evening when the kids are awake.

The product itself also didn't do much for me. Yes it had a slight firming and brightening effect, but it wasn't moisturising enough and my dry eyes need more nourishment than this could deliver. Note also that I've seen a lot of people make the same kinds of comments that I have, so it's not just me and I personally would avoid this product. Repurchase? No.


Caudalie Instant Detox Mask

The main thing I noticed about this product when I used it was that it was incredibly drying on my skin as it dried down. Yes I have dry skin so I'm more prone to that tight feeling with mud masks than those with oily skin are, but this one was worse than most and I couldn't tolerate it well. I've reviewed it here.

The other thing I noticed was that my skin felt very dry and tight after use, so it left my face feeling uncomfortable and that's obviously not what I want. While this aspect might be ok if the mask were actually doing anything positive for me, it wasn't so there was no benefit to using it in my case. Purchase? No.

Origins Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

Full review here. I loved this hand cream and I absolutely recommend it. Indeed, of all the products I tried from the Origins set I used recently, it's the one I'm most likely to buy - especially because it's reasonably priced for the amount of product you receive.

It had a sweet and green, garden-like scent, and it was quite thick and rich so it mightn't be for those who don't like heavier products - but for my dry skin, it was perfect. I loved that it absorbed well and also did a fantastic job of bringing some relief to my dry skin. Plus it wasn't too greasy and it was a pleasure to use because it felt so nourishing without weighing my skin down. Repurchase? Yes.


Soak Detox Hand & Body Wash

Full review here. This product was fine and what I liked about it was that it wasn't as astringent as many shower gels are and it had a relatively low pH (between a five and six), which is pretty unusual for shower gels in my experience so that's a plus.

However I didn't find it enjoyable to use. It did have a soft, refreshing scent, but it wasn't one of those lovely transporting kinds of scents that I like to have in my body products (yes, I'm one of those people who doesn't want fragrance in my facial skincare but loves it in my body care). I'm glad these are gone so I can move on to something more fun. Purchase? No.

Korres Bergamot Pear Body Milk

I loved the scent of this product and I could definitely smell the bergamot and pear, although that was really the best thing about it and the formula didn't grab me. I've reviewed it here.

It had a very sticky finish: indeed, it was one of the tackiest finishes I've encountered in a while, so I would avoid the product if you don't like that. Plus not all of it absorbed and it wasn't very hydrating, so although it was ok for summer when my skin's less dry, it definitely wouldn't suit me in winter. Repurchase? No.


Omorovicza Intensive Hydra Lifting Cream

This was another product that I included in a recent samples post, and the sample wasn't large enough for a full review so I'll be doing a mini review later on.

I think this was a really lovely cream. It was moisturising and it suited my dry skin beautifully without weighing it down, plus a little went a long way so I didn't get through the sample too quickly. Problem is, the damn thing retails for $257 AUD so it's not one I would buy. Still, it absorbed well and nourished my skin nicely: I really liked it. Purchase? No.

Philosophy Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash

Full review here. I liked this because it contained finely milled grains that weren't too smooth so they polished the skin effectively and there were plenty of them so they did the job well.

It worked nicely for my skin, sloughing off the dead stuff and leaving me with a smoother, fresher complexion, but it wasn't so harsh that it was irritating or left my face feeling raw.

What I also found was that my skin cleared up a little since I started using it, although it did leave my face feeling a bit dry sometimes so it wasn't something I would use every day. Purchase? Maybe.

In sum

Them's my first lot of empties for the month. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how many things I can turf over the next three weeks.

The best items in this lot were the Origins hand cream and the Andalou cleanser: I would buy both of those again.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.