Project Pan 2018: November update (finale)

/
0 Comments

Hello and welcome to my final Project Pan monthly update post for the year. As you may know, I recently decided to wind things up a month early because I've had enough of panning projects for now and I want to give myself some time before kicking off PP 2019. So here we are.

And here's how my list looks now:

  • Marc Jacobs Under(cover) Perfecting Coconut Face Primer
  • Natio Tinted Moisturiser SPF 20 in Beige
  • Laura Mercier Oil-Free Tinted Moisturiser SPF 20 in Sand
  • Becca's Mineral Blush in Sweetpea
  • Kevyn Aucoin's The Celestial Powder in Candlelight
  • Kevyn Aucoin The Pure Powder Glow in Dolline
  • Hourglass Vanish Flash Highlighting Stick in Champagne Flash
  • Trilogy Mineral Radiance Mask
  • Laura Mercier SPF 30 Foundation Primer
  • Laura Mercier Candleglow Soft Luminous Foundation in Dusk
  • Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder
  • Freezeframe Flash White
  • The Ordinary's Alpha Lipoic Acid 5%
  • St Tropez Classic Everyday Face Cream in Light/Medium 
  • Mecca Cosmetica Lip De Luscious SPF 25 in Peach Shimmer
  • The Ordinary's High Adherence Silicone Primer
  • Batiste Dry Shampoo in Beautiful Brunette
  • Caudalie Instant Detox Mask
  • CLE Essence Moonlighter Cushion in Copper Rose

So I've finished eleven products in total this month, which makes November one of my best panning months this year.

I still have eight products left on my list, so let's look now at how far I've come with each of them over the past month.


First up my Laura Mercier tinted moisturiser. You'll see that I've made a good dent in this and I've used it quite a bit over the past month, although I must say that I'm looking forward to setting it aside because I've had enough of it.

Unfortunately it's not the right colour for me (too red-toned) so it's not that easy to use, and I'm looking forward to panning it for good next year. Life's too short.


Next, my Natio tinted moisturiser in Beige. I use this as my foundation darkener and also mixed in with my sunscreen to give myself a bronze glow beneath my makeup (that also serves to make my face and neck look closer in colour), and my aim with this product was to get about halfway before setting it aside and just using it when I need to next year.

I've done that now and it's my only foundation darkener so I don't plan to pan it anymore: I expect to finish it by the end of next year naturally, at which point I'll try something else for darkening.

There's how my Becca blush in Sweetpea looked last month:


And here's how it's looking now:


You may notice that quite a bit has gone. What happened is that a couple of larger chunks flew out while I was using it (I think they'd become loosened during the de-potting process), so I crushed those up and mixed them with a couple of other powders to get a better shade for bronzing, since Sweetpea itself isn't a good bronzer on me, although it's pretty close.

What I'm planning to do with the rest of this pan is crush it up and mix it with the same powders before re-pressing the mix into another pan and using it as a bronzer next year. Looking forward. This is my least-favourite of the Becca blushes I own so I'll be happy to get through it.

Here's Kevyn Aucoin's Dolline, as it was last month:


And here's how it's looking now:

You should be able to see a reasonable dip in this thing, and I'm expecting to hit pan very soon. I'm not only using this as my blush every day, but I'm also mixing some with my setting powder (at a ratio of about 1:4), and what this does is give my complexion a slightly brightened look without making me look peach. 

I'm going to keep working on this and I hope to pan it within the first few months of next year, which I should be able to do because there was only 3g in here to start with and I reckon I'm down to about 2g now.

Next, Kevyn Aucoin's Candlelight, as it was last month:


And here's how it's looking now:


As you can see, I've hit pan. This isn't surprising because there was already a good dip in this when I started panning it, and I've not only been using it as my highlighter, but also as my finishing powder. What I think I'll be doing with this product now is re-pressing it into an empty Kevyn Aucoin eyeshadow pan and putting it back into my KA custom palette, because it is useful in that palette and I've decided that I'm not quite ready to pan it completely.

What I may do, though, is start working on my other two KA highlighters so I can eventually re-press those into KA eyeshadow pans too, just to condense things a little and give myself some more room. Looking forward.

Here's how my Trilogy mask looked a couple of weeks ago:


And here's how it's looking now:


So I haven't done much with this, which isn't surprising because it hasn't been in rotation for long. 

What I've worked out with this mask, however, is that it doesn't work well for me (it doesn't do anything for my skin), so I'll aim to review it sometime in December and then use it on the body a couple of times, just to get through it. I have other masks I want to start using, and life's too short to waste time on face masks that aren't delivering benefits.

As for my Marc Jacobs primer, I only introduced this recently so it's not surprising that I haven't made a huge amount of progress. Still, I've made some so I'm happy with that.

I do like this primer but it's not the most effective primer I own and it doesn't do a hell of a lot for my skin, plus it's not that hydrating so I'll be aiming to get through it over the summer because I've had it for over a year now and it's time to finish it.


Last up, my Hourglass highlighter. I haven't done anything with this since I started panning it so I haven't bothered marking my sheet, and I'm thinking that I should perhaps just declutter it. 

Yes it's a fantastic product, but I don't use cream highlighters (I prefer powders) so it makes sense for me to review it and then send it to a better home. Looking forward.

In sum

That's all from me! I'm really pleased to be winding up Project Pan for 2018: I feel like I've done enough panning for now and I'm ready to open things up for a month and just use what I want to use. Can't wait!

Note that I'll be doing other PP 2018 finale posts (eg a tally post, so we can see how many items I've finished this year), so stay tuned for those if you're interested.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.