Caudalie Hero Brightening Kit - round up with mini reviews

/
0 Comments

I received this kit from Sephora as a 500 point perk earlier in the year, and I unboxed it around two months ago. Since then, I've been using and finishing the products and reviewing them in turn.

So as promised, I'm back today to give you my round-up post on the set as a whole. Note that three of the items were large enough for individual reviews (they're linked below), but the serum was too small so you'll only be getting a mini review for that one.

Let's have a look.


The set contained:

  • Vinoperfect Concentrated Brightening Essence 50ml
  • Vinoperfect Radiance Serum Complexion Correcting 10ml
  • Vinoperfect Overnight Renewal Cream 15ml
  • Instant Detox Mask 15ml

Overall this set was a pretty good introduction to the brand and I had a decent experience with it, although it is quite pricey so I would only ever consider buying these products on special. And in any event, most of the items didn't grab me so it's really only the serum that I would buy.

Let's have a look.


Caudalie Vinoperfect Concentrated Brightening Essence (RRP $51 AUD for 150ml)

Full review hereThis is an ok product, but it hasn't grabbed me as much as other essences I've tried so I wouldn't buy it. 

It's a thin, clear liquid that's like water in texture and it has a fresh, fruity/floral scent that I don't mind. It spreads and applies well, and a little goes a long way so the bottle should last a good while.

In terms of effect, I think it does hydrate, tone and brighten a little bit but it doesn't do so effectively. And while I do think it adds something small to my skincare routine (any added moisture is going to be good for my dry skin), it doesn't add enough to entice me to buy it.

Overall I think this product is ok and it does meet some of its claims, it just doesn't do so enough to make me want to buy it. In my view, an essence needs to be pretty incredible for me to want to add another step to my already detailed skincare routine, and this one doesn't quite hit the mark.


Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Serum Complexion Correcting (RRP $102 AUD for 30ml)

I absolutely love this. Unfortunately it's only 10ml in size so I can't review it, but I could tell as soon as I used it that it was exactly the kind of serum I like.

It has a brightening and resurfacing effect, and my face looks smoother and fresher while I'm using it. I also think that it makes my skin look a little younger, and it's hydrating enough for my dry skin too. 

This is definitely on my list of potential purchases, although it's expensive ($102 AUD for 30ml) so I would only ever buy it on special. Still, it's really very good.


Caudalie Vinoperfect Overnight Renewal Cream (RRP $62 AUD for 40ml)

Full review here. This is a good product and I do enjoy it, but it's not good enough that I would consider buying the full size. 

It's more like a cream/gel hybrid in texture and it spreads and applies reasonably well, although it does take some work to rub in and there's something almost balm-like about it in that sense.

While I have enjoyed using it, it's not the most hydrating cream I've tried - and since that's normally what I look for (my skin is dry so I need serious nourishment), it's not one I would buy. Still, there's something exfoliating and resurfacing about it, and it's been a good cream for the warmer weather when my skin is less dry because it's not so heavy that my face can't breathe through it. 

My skin has also felt a little smoother while I've been using this, so while it's not top of my list, it does have some effect. 


Caudalie Instant Detox Mask (RRP $47 AUD for 75ml)

This mask doesn't do anything for me, and it was my least-favourite item in the set. I've reviewed it here.

It's a pink clay mask with a herbal scent. It has a smooth, relatively thin texture so you don't need much each time, and it dries down like a standard mud mask so you'll know when it's time to wash it off.

The main thing I notice about this product when I use it is that it's incredibly drying on my skin as it dries down. The other thing I notice is that my skin feels very dry and tight after use, so it leaves my face feeling uncomfortable and that's obviously not what I want. 

Overall I don't like this mask and I don't recommend it: it hasn't done anything for my skin besides dry it out, plus it's expensive so I would certainly test this before purchase or you might be disappointed.

In sum

I hope you enjoyed this little post and that you found it useful in some way.

I'm glad that I've tried this brand now because I know that it does have some products that work for me, but it's not so amazing that I want to drop everything and stock up on the range.

Do let me know in the comments if you have any personal favourites from Caudalie: I'd love to hear.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.