Nars Single Eyeshadow in Cyprus - review and swatches

/
0 Comments

I've owned this eyeshadow for over three years now, and I've kept meaning to review it but haven't because it's only since introducing it to my Pan that Palette challenge that I finally used it enough to post on it.

So here we finally are. As you may know, I haven't had much luck with Nars eyeshadows (I've owned four duos and two singles) and I've found them to be very dry - meaning they're ageing on my eyelids - and the pigment isn't great either. They swatch well, but they don't apply well. More on that below.


Do note I've just seen that these single eyeshadows have been reformulated, so I can't give you the product claims and details as I normally would. Annoying. Looks like I should have reviewed this a while ago. Hoh well.

I'll keep going because the colour swatches may be useful to someone, but I'll keep things brief in the verdict because it looks as though you can't buy the old versions anymore.


There's a shot of the pan, direct sunlight:


Below I've given you three swatches. The first is a heavy finger swatch, the second is a lighter finger swatch (so you can see how the colour looks quite different, depending on how much you've used) and also a brush swatch.

Indirect sunlight:
  

* L-R: heavy finger swatch, light finger swatch, brush swatch

And again for good measure:


* L-R: heavy finger swatch, light finger swatch, brush swatch

Verdict

As mentioned above, I'll be brief because they're reformulated these so I assume that the new shadows have a different formula and my comments won't apply.

My issue with Nars shadows has always been that they're incredibly drying on the eye (so they emphasise the look of texture), although Cyprus is the least drying of the ten pans I've owned.

Having said this, it's not pigmented when applied with a brush (noting I've really built it in the brush swatch above), and by the time I lay down a thick coating so you can see it, there's too much powder and it's still drying. Nars shadows tend to fade quickly on me too.

'Cyprus' is a light bronze that you could also describe as a dark antique gold. It's a pretty, natural colour and I like how it looks on the lid if I'm going for a super natural eye, which I do a lot, but it's still not a good shadow - especially for the price.

I'll leave my comments there because you can't buy this formula anymore, but I'd be interested to hear from anyone who has tried both the old and the new formulas: is the new one better? Let me know in the comments.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.