Project Dent 2018: Too Faced Peanut Butter & Jelly Palette #2

/
0 Comments

Hello and welcome to my next round of Project Dent!

While I'm yet to wind up my denting rounds for the two Hourglass quints I've had in circulation for the last fortnight, I've been up since 3am so I don't have any sunlight to take progress shots and I would rather bring in my next item now so I can start working on it - especially because I haven't used this palette since I last dented it, so I can use the progress shots from the last round (see that round here if you're interested).


I've had this palette for 2.5 years now, and while I do really like it, it's not a complete palette for me so I tend not to reach for it.

Reason being, it's too warm so I always need to pull in some cooler tones when I use it - otherwise it travels into allergic eye-reaction territory on my colouring.

If you're interested in hearing more on that, I've reviewed it here.


The reason why I want to dent it now is because I'm still working out whether I'll be panning another palette alongside my Too Faced Natural Matte palette next year - and if so, which one that will be.

Yes I'd half-decided to pan my Hourglass quint in Obscura, but the warmth of the P&J palette makes it a good mate for the neutral and cool shades in the Natural Matte palette - especially the darker mattes that I don't often reach for (I don't use a lot of dark shadows) - and the P&J palette doesn't contain any dark mattes, so it may encourage me to use the NM mattes more because I'll need some cool-toned shadows in order to work with the P&J.

Anyhoo! Here's how my palette looks today, 30 October 2018:


Same shot, enhanced for clarity:


As you can see, it looks like I've barely touched this palette!

But it's only seen one round of Project Dent in 2018 and I've learned over my panning years that I need at least two rounds to start making any kind of mark on a palette.

My aim over the denting period will be to get some visible dips happening in the shimmers at least (let's aim for the low-hanging fruit, shall we?!), and if I can make at least a couple of the mattes look a little more loved, that'd be great too.

Wish me luck!

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.