Project Pan 2018: September update

/
0 Comments

Hello and welcome to my September Project Pan update.

Happily it's been an excellent panning month for me and I've finished ten products, including the above lip gloss - which will be done by the end of the day so I'm removing it from my official list now.

Also note that I've switched out four products - three because I know I can't finish them by the end of the year so I would rather focus on products that I have more chance of finishing, and one because I plan to crush it up (that's the highlighter) and add it to the remains of some eyeshadows that I'm sick of using. Doing this will give me some new shades to play with and it should help make panning everything easier.

As for my remaining list:

  • Revlon Ultra HD Lipcolour in Desert
  • Laura Mercier Blemish-less Foundation Primer
  • Hask Macadamia Oil Revitalising Shine Hair Treatment
  • Laura Mercier Baked Powder in Highlight 01 (switched out)
  • Bobbi Brown Bronzer in Medium 2 (switched out)
  • Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser Oil Free SPF 20 in Sand (switched out)
  • Natio Tinted Moisturiser SPF 20 in Beige (switched out)
  • Becca First Light Priming Filter
  • MUFE Ultra HD Foundation in Y305
  • Natio Tinted Moisturiser SPF 20 in Honey
  • Australis Matchmaker Shade Adjusting Drops (Lightening)
  • L'Oreal Pure Clay Exfoliating & Smoothing Red Algae Mask
  • Urban Decay Anti-ageing Eyshadow Primer Potion
  • Skinstitut Glycolic Cleanser 12%
  • Revlon Ultra HD Lipcolour in Coral
  • Marc Jacobs Hi Shine Lip Lacquer in Want Me?
  • Kat Von D Lock-It Concealer Creme in M19 Cool

Let's have a quick look at what's remaining on my list.


First up, the Revlon lipstick in Desert. This is a nice product but I haven't focused on it that much yet because I panned the shade Coral first, so this will be the month that I finish it and I should be able to kick it out within a few weeks because there's not much product in these anyway.

There's how much I've used:


So we're around halfway.

Note that I like the product and I plan to review it soon, so stay tuned for that if you're interested.


As for my Laura Mercier primer, I'm getting close with this now and I expect it to be gone within the next few weeks.

It's a really lovely primer and I've been happy to pan it (I'm not sick of it yet either), and thankfully it's only a travel-size so it hasn't given me too much grief over the panning period.


The Hask hair oil I forgot about for the second half of the month (oops), and if I hadn't done that, I'd likely have finished it by now. Annoying. I'll have to make a big effort to remember it this month.

Unfortunately it's not that great so I can't use it as a leave-in treatment, although it does work ok as a pre-wash treatment so that's how I'll get through it.

As for my replacements, I've picked seven so I can bring my list up to ten. Let's have a quick look at each one in turn.


The first is my Laura Mercier Candleglow Soft Luminous Foundation in Dusk. I don't expect to finish this by the end of the year because it's brand-new, but I'll do my best because it doesn't work for me and I want to see it gone from my collection.

It's annoying that it doesn't work, I must say, because I'd seen such great reviews. Note that I need to mix this with whitening drops because it's a shade too dark, so even though it's not super pigmented, that's going to make it last longer.


The next is my CLE Cosmetics cushion highlighter in Copper Rose. This came from Maslow & Co at the end of last year, and while it's been sitting in my declutter pile since then, I've decided to keep it because I do love it for highlighting on the body (I prefer powders for the face) and we're coming into summer now so it'll be seeing some good use. 

Unfortunately I can't mark this product so we'll just have to guess how much I was using on average each month once I've finished it. It contains 12g so I've got my work cut out for me.


Next is another Laura Mercier primer, being the SPF 30 Foundation Primer. 

Obviously Spring/Summer is a good time to pan this product, which is why I'm bringing it in now. You'll see that I've already started marking this because I was going to introduce it last month, but instead waited until October. Still, I've been using it often enough since then, which is why I've made a second marker on the product that shows where I'm currently up to.


Above is my Becca blush in Bolero. I've brought this in to replace the Bobbi Brown bronzer I was previously panning, simply because not only does it make a great bronzer, but it's also showing a lot of progress already so I'm confident I can pan it by Christmas.

Note, though, that I may keep the remains of it to re-press into an eyeshadow pan and add to one of my custom palettes once I get to the outer edge, because it makes such a great eyeshadow. We'll see.


Next is my Freezeframe whitening treatment. This product surprised me because I thought I would hate it, but instead, I really like it: it doesn't turn me white but blurs the look of texture on my face (especially open pores). This means it's great to whack on before doing the kinder run - it makes me look a bit younger and smoother. 

But I don't need the extra step in my morning routine so I would prefer to just get through it and maybe buy it again later when I'm not so time-poor in the mornings (if that ever happens).


Above is my Kevyn Aucoin blush in Dolline. As you may know, this is currently on my Project Dent list and I've decided to add it to Project Pan now because I would like to make a start on it before panning it next year. 

I love it but I've had it far too long so it's time to get through it. Thankfully it's only 3g in size, although it will still take me the better part of a year to pan because blushes hang around for ages.


Last up, my third and final L'Oreal Pure Clay Mask. This is the black version, and the one that a lot of people swear by. I haven't used it much yet so I'm not prepared to comment on it until I've used it some more, but suffice to say that it hasn't impressed me yet - which is why it's on this list. I'll use it more, review it, and hopefully finish it within a couple of months.

In sum

That's all from me. I must admit that I'm tiring a little now of my panning projects, so it may be that I wind everything up at the end of October and give myself a couple of months off before the end of the year. We'll see.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.