October 2018 favourites

/
0 Comments
I'm shattered today. Something's been going on in our area and for the last few weeks; for some reason people have been playing loud music each night. It's been especially bad for the last four nights. I don't think it's always the same people, and when we manage to find one lot and ask them to turn it down, someone else arrives home half an hour later and cranks their music up.

It's unsustainable. I feel like I'm going to have a bloody breakdown. I don't get it. I don't get why people think it's ok to play loud music on any night of the week, all night long, in a residential area that's full of working people and parents with prams. Not ok. Seriously.

Moving on. For now I've decided to write a monthly favourites post because I can't get my head around anything else. Funny that.


Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit, Unlocked

Full review here. I've been focusing on this product as part of Project Dent lately and I've been loving every minute of it. It's just a gorgeous palette, and all the colours work for my skintone so it's a win win situation.

Plus the powders are up to Hourglass' usual standards so they blend beautifully, look angelic on the face and also airbrush the skin so they make me look younger. Sure these edits are expensive, but I personally feel they're worth the money and I don't regret buying the three I own. This Unlocked version may just be my favourite to date. Love.


EmerginC Pomegranate Toner

I bought this a while ago and I've been using it for the last few months, and while the other toner I bought in the same order didn't work well for me, this one does and I've been really enjoying it. Full review here.

What I like about this is that it resurfaces my face beautifully and clears away all the dead skin without irritation, and it leaves my skin looking brighter and fresher after use. It also does a good job of removing that last layer of grime after I've cleansed, and it leaves my skin feeling clean without feeling stripped. It's not expensive either and you can find it discounted online. Definitely worth trying.


Kevyn Aucoin Precision Brow Pencil in Brunette

Full review here. As you may know, I don't normally buy fancy brow pencils but I'd heard this one raved about so much that I had to try it. Thankfully I reckon it's great, and while I don't think you need to buy expensive brow products because you can find decent cheap ones, it's nice to try a special one from time to time.

What I love about this is that the pencil is incredibly thin so it gives you great control and allows you to get in there between the brow hairs, fill the gaps and create very thin and natural strokes. It mightn't suit those who prefer a stronger brow, but it works perfectly if like me you prefer a more natural one. I like the spoolie it comes with too. 


Fenty Beauty Gloss Bomb Universal Lip Luminiser in Fenty Glow

I'm sure you've heard this lip gloss raved about in the beauty community before. A lot of people have gone nuts for it and I can see why: it feels lovely on, it smells good and it also looks beautiful on the lips. I've reviewed it here.

One thing I don't like about this gloss is that it's not hydrating on me and it tends to dry my lips out if I use it too often, so I've kept it aside to use as my going out gloss - which is nice because it feels more special that way and it was more expensive than my other glosses so it makes sense for me to make it last. I like the packaging and the plumping effect it gives my lips too. It's just a nice product.


Palmolive Body Butter Coffee Scrub Exfoliating Body Wash

Full review here. This is one of the nicest body washes I've ever used, and while yes it makes for a terrible body scrub because it doesn't contain enough scrubby matter and the matter itself is pretty useless, if you don't buy it for that and just consider it a wash, it doesn't matter.

It's one of the most amazing products I've ever smelled. It smells like coffee ice cream or Baileys Irish Cream (the drink). It's a creamy product and the pH isn't too high so it's gentle on skin, and while it doesn't lather well (and I do need to use a bit more product than I normally would), if you get it onto a shower puff then you'll get more bang for your buck. Plus it's cheap. Can't beat that.

In sum

Them's my favourites for October. It's been a pretty good month for favourites and I've enjoyed a lot of products so it was hard to narrow my list down, but I'm happy with the five that made the cut and I would recommend them all.

Do let me know in the comments what your favourites were this month: I'd love to hear.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.