Makeup wishlist: October 2018

/
0 Comments

I haven't done one of these wishlist posts for a while and I have my eye on a few things, so I thought I'd jump online today and let you know what those are.

As always do note that I probably won't be buying everything I mention below, but I do like to set things out so I can return to my wishlist in a month or two and work out what I still want and what no longer grabs me. 

It's a helpful exercise because it's always a reminder that the things I think I want now could well change soon enough. That certainly helps curb spending.

So! In no particular order...
* Image courtesy of cultbeauty.co.uk

Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector (Pressed) in Royal Glow

When this came out, I didn't blink an eye. I have no interest in the royals and I'm also sick of all these Becca limited edition highlighters that keep appearing. Spitting out that many each year starts to make me under-value them, plus I don't want to buy any more of them unless they have the same formula as Prismatic Amethyst, which unlike the others, doesn't emphasise texture on my cheeks.

However. I've seen the swatches of this and it's a really gorgeous golden bronze colour that's a little unusual because there's some peach and pink in there too, depending on the light. I've also heard that it's not as intense as Becca's original highlighters, which makes me think I'll probably love it.

I plan to swatch it whenever we next go to Sephora so I can see how the colour looks in person and also get a feel for what it's going to do for open pores and other texture. Looking forward. I'm thinking about this one. A lot.


* Image courtesy of beccacosmetics.com

Becca x Chrissy Teigan Endless Bronze & Glow

If money were no object and if I didn't have enough makeup already, the reality is that I probably would have bought both this and the Royal Glow highlighter by now.

The thing is, the two highlighter shades in this aren't like anything else I own (especially the peach), and I know I would use Moonstone because it's a soft gold that's paler than my other gold highlighters and I reckon it would look beautiful on the eyes.

As for the bronzer, the swatches look good and I love the idea of getting three products in one compact: it's the kind of product I would find easier to pan down the track if I wanted to, and it would also make a nice eye trio so it would be great for travel or even those days at home when I don't want to be opening various compacts for one look. Reckon I could do most of my face with just this and a separate blush.

Yep. Thinking about this one a lot too.


* Image courtesy of mecca.com.au

Chantecaille La Sirena Bronzer Highlighter Duo

As soon as I saw this, I knew I had to have it. I've always wanted to try a powder product from Chantecaille and this is the first one I hope to own. 

There's something about the brand's aesthetic that's always appealed to me, and while I may well find myself with an over-priced product that doesn't perform or airbrush my skin like my Hourglass stuff does, at least I know I'll use something like this and I plan to keep the packaging forever (my heart has always lived in Italy). There's value in that at least.

No I don't need any more bronzers or highlighters, but I've been waiting for a Chantecaille release to try and this one's got my name all over it.

It's crazy expensive so I'll have to wait for a Christmas gift-card to buy it, but that won't stop me!


* Image courtesy of temptalia.com

Marc Jacobs Tan-tastic O!Mega Bronzer Coconut Perfect Tan

I've heard so many people rave about this bonzer that I've been desperate to get my hands on it, so my husband has been given instructions and he'll buy it for me for Christmas.

While I need another bronzer like I need a hole in the head, what I do need is a replacement for Benefit's Hoola, which I'm hoping to pan next year. Yes I love the colour of Hoola, but it doesn't blend well unless I've powdered myself to the moon and back (don't want to do that, considering I have dry skin), so this Marc Jacobs one looks like a great alternative.

I'm not calling it a dupe, I'm just looking for a paler, more neutral bronzer that isn't so cool that it looks muddy on me, because all the other bronzers I own run warm so there's a gap in my collection. Can't wait to try it!


In sum

That's all from me. 

Gosh I have a short wishlist at the moment when it comes to makeup (probably a good thing ; )). Yes a couple of ABH eyeshadow palettes are in my head for later on (Soft Glam and Norvina) and I would like to try Inglot shadows at some point, but I need to pan my eyeshadow collection down before I even think about those so they likely won't appear on my wishlist until next year.

Now for my skincare wishlist. Suspect that one's going to be longer...

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


* All images courtesy of unsplash.com unless otherwise indicated


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.