Project Dent 2018 update: Marc Jacobs Eye-Conic Multi-Finish Eyeshadow Palette in Frivoluxe

/
0 Comments

I only started denting this palette one week ago, and while I would normally let things run for two weeks, I've decided to wind things up today. Reason being, this palette is so cool-toned that I can't use it without reaching for other eyeshadows (which is getting a bit tiresome), and the colours aren't great for all this sunshine we're having either.

Also, I reviewed the palette this morning (see here), meaning I can wind things up and draw a line under the review aspect - which always makes me happy.


So of course we won't be seeing much progress over the denting period, since it's gone for half as long as it normally would. Still, I've stuck a brush into each shade a good few times and we'll definitely see some changes.

I guess the other reason I want to wind things up now is that I'm keen to cycle through everything I own at least once this year, and I do have a couple of items that I want to use again because they've recently been discontinued and I want to review them before you can no longer buy them. I'll aim to get those posts up asap.


Let's get straight into progress shots.

Here's the left side of the palette, as it was two weeks ago:


And today:


Below I've enhanced the above two shots for clarity.

Two weeks ago:


Today:


So you can see that I've definitely used this now. The pink shade is showing the most progress - there's a dip in the middle - and that's because it's the least pigmented of all the shadows so I need to use a lot each time to get it to show up.

The pearl shade is also looking more loved and you can see that I've smoothed out the centre of the shimmery plum and also the bright purple, although they're not showing as much progress as the other two.

Right side of the palette, as it was two weeks ago (noting that the first shade is repeated):


 Today:
   

Below I've enhanced the above two shots for clarity.

Two weeks ago:


Today:


This side of the palette is showing some use too. The matte grey has a little dip now (I use that shade a lot) and the purple and grey shimmers are also looking a bit smoother in the centre of each pan. Sure, it's not a tonne of progress, but I'm happy to see any.

Overall this has been an ok round of Project Dent, and while it only ran for a week, thankfully we can see some changes in all seven eyeshadows. I'm also pleased that I've managed to review it now: I'm aiming to review all five of my Marc Jacobs septets this year, so I've only got one left.

Now to introduce my next product: looking forward!

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.