Announcing: The Edit

/
0 Comments

For ages I've been meaning to go back over my old posts and edit them - both the photos (where I can) and the content - but every time I've sat down to do it, I've baulked over the sheer amount of posts I need to look at and have chosen to do something else.

But the longer I do that, the more posts I have to edit and I'm now looking at over 800. Yikes! Having said this, I probably don't need to review the last hundred or so for the moment: the main ones I need to alter are those from my first year of blogging when I barely knew how to hold my camera.


So, to force myself into action, I've decided to announce that I'm going to spend this year editing a post or two a day (on top of writing at least one post a day): that way I'll hopefully stick to my guns because I'm now accountable to myself and to you guys as well.

I think going back and editing your old posts is essential for any blogger, so it's high time I got things moving on that front. What happens over time is that your style changes - whether how you structure things or the kinds of photos you take - and it's important to keep things consistent with anything you put out there because people should know what they're going to get when they read one of your posts.

I've been blogging for around 18 months now and it's really in the last six months that I've settled into what kind of posts I write and what pictures I want to include. So now's as good a time as any to go back and do what I can to get things looking consistent. Also, I've changed my template since I started and some of the earlier posts will need re-formatting - even more reason to go back to the start!


Anyhoo. This is just a short note to say that I'm committed to fixing things where I can. Some of the early photos I won't be able to do much with, but I'll do my best.

Have you ever gone back and edited some of your early work? Let me know how you found it and whether you have any tips : )


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.