February 2016 favourites

/
0 Comments

It's almost the end of the month again so it's high time I set out my monthly favourites. No prizes for guessing a few of these - I've posted reviews on them recently so they're all front of mind and I've been using them a lot throughout February.

I had thought of including my disappointing products for each month but I've decided not to for now: I don't always have disappointing products (although I have had a few lately) and I think there'll only be enough for a yearly post. Let me know if you'd like to see those products talked about monthly as well.


Unani Il-luminate Micellar Water

This is a recent discovery and I loved it from the first use. I've reviewed it here.

I didn't love the fabled Bioderma Micellar Water so I'd wondered whether this would work for me: fortunately it does. It's a water but it's slightly thicker than water (might be the glycerin) and it does a great job of removing everything but my mascara. Few products do remove my mascara so it doesn't lose points for that, and it removes everything else so well that I can overlook it.

It makes my skin clean, bright and baby-soft, and it's one of those products that works with a minimum of fuss. Love it.


Stila Stay all Day 10-in-1 HD Illuminating Beauty Balm

Full review here. This is a slightly odd product: I've used nothing like it before and it somehow evens out my skin without adding colour, plus you can't see it on me so it looks really natural. Perfect!

It's great for everyday use and has a good SPF to boot, but what I usually use it for is to even out my skin before applying something else over it, meaning I need to use half the amount of my base that I normally would because this has already done the hard work for me. An unexpected love for me and one I would buy again.


Becca Mineral Blush in Wild Honey

Becca has fast become one of my favourite brands and I don't think I've ever used a product from these guys that I don't love. This blush is no exception. I've reviewed it here.

It's everything I expect from a high-end blush - soft and creamy in texture, a dream to apply, pigmented but not so much so that I'm prone to giving myself clown cheeks, and easy to blend and build. Plus the colour is a gorgeous everyday peachy nude that works with just about any look and in any season. So so good.


Maybelline Color Sensational Lipcolor in 215 Totally Toffee

Full review here. I love everything about this lipstick and just looking at the photo makes me want to wear it. Plus I got it half-price so it only cost around $8!

I love the colour but it's also a really great formula: creamy, pigmented, nourishing and luxe. You'd be forgiven for thinking it cost a lot more than it did. I can't wait to finish off some more lip products so I can pick up a couple more of these - I suspect this will end up being my favourite budget lipstick formula of the year.


Kevyn Aucoin The Celestial Powder in Candlelight

Ah, my old friend. This is a cult product for a reason: it delivers a beautifully natural-looking highlight and is almost impossible to overdo. I've reviewed it here.

I've had it for ages and still love it as much as I did when I first bought it, and it's my go-to product for 'no makeup' days or days when I'm in a rush and don't have time to spend ages blending out my highlight so it looks natural. An oldie but a goodie and one I reckon I'll always have in my collection.

In sum

February has been a good month in terms of favourites and I could have included more products here, but decided to continue limiting these posts to five items.

Looking forward to seeing what makes the list in March - hopefully I'll discover a couple more favourites in the coming weeks.

What have you been loving this month?


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.