February 2016 empties #1

/
0 Comments

It's been quite a good month of empties so far and I've finished a few full-sized items that I've had for a while and am pleased to see the back of. 

In particular I'm happy to have knocked off a couple of my Project Pan 2016 products and two skincare items that I don't love. This means I've been able to move some new stuff into circulation and a change, as they say, is as good as a holiday (well not really, but you know).

In no particular order:


Project Pan 2016 products

I won't talk about these too much here since I've done that enough via Project Pan, other than to say that the Royal Nature Blemish Balm was actually a good product, it's just that it was far too pale for me so I could only ever use it as a mixer (I received it from Memebox). 

The Shanghai Suzy Lipstick in Miss Amy just wasn't my colour, but it too was a good mixer because it was a baby pink colour so it toned down my brighter oranges to make nice corals. Purchase? No to both.


Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara

Full review here. This is a cult product for a reason: it makes your lashes so unbelievably thick and wonderful with just one coat. There's a trade-off though because it apparently smudges and flakes really badly on half the population, so don't rush out and buy it because it ain't cheap and it's worth testing first. I personally loved it and it showed up in my 2015 favourites because it's so good. Purchase? Yes.

Mullein & Sparrow Tinted Lip & Cheek Balm

This wasn't a great product because the colour didn't show up well at all: it might on really pale lasses but it wouldn't on most people. I've reviewed it here.

The balm itself was ok and it smelled like chocolate orange (yum), but it wasn't great and I have so many balms as it is, that I sent it to the foot care section. It worked well for hydrating my tootsies and I'm keeping the tin because it's so cute. Purchase? No.


Nars Sheer Glow Foundation in Sante Fe


Ach, why doesn't this product work for me?! It showed up in my 2015 disappointing products because it looks like a mask on me and sits in pores, no matter how I use it. 

This is the second one of these decent sample-sized bottles that I've gone through and all it's good for is colouring any base that's too dark for me (and I add moisturiser to the mix to thin it out so it's wearable). Full review here. Purchase? No.

Perricone MD No Foundation Foundation

Now this product I love. Full review here. It's a beautifully light and barely there foundation that just looks like skin. I received this decent-sized sample in a Mecca Beauty Loop Box and I really wish that the full size didn't cost $80 AUD - otherwise I'd be buying it. 

My only issue with it (other than the price-tag) is that you need to use quite a bit each time, meaning I'd get through this all too quickly so it's not worth the outlay for me. A gorgeous foundation. Purchase? No, but only because of the price.


Alpha-H Balancing Cleanser with Aloe Vera

Full review here. This is one of the few Alpha-H products I've used that I don't love. It's a cream cleanser and I just feel as though it doesn't do much in terms of cleansing my skin and leaving it looking fresher and brighter - plus I've used other Alpha-H cleansers that perform much better than this does. As always it's all personal preference though because a lot of people rave about this one. Purchase? No.

Veda Lemongrass and Eucalyptus Body Lotion

I've been through a few of these now and I haven't reviewed the product yet because I can't find anything about it online, and it mightn't be widely available for purchase - we poached a bunch of them from a hotel we were staying in last year and I think you can only buy the product from the Queensland spa that makes it. 

It's a beautiful lotion that smells divine and is a lot more hydrating than standard lotions, which generally aren't heavy enough for me. Purchase? Yes, if I could find it!


Garnier Body Summer Sun-kissed Look Nourishing Lotion

Full review here. This product showed up in my 2015 favourites because it's not only the best self-tanner I've used in ages, but it's also the most wonderfully hydrating body cream. It smells divine and it's thick and rich without being too greasy, and my dry skin drinks it up. My skin looks and feels so nourished after using the product - I feel more hydrated by just looking at it! Can't rave enough about this one. Repurchase? Yes.

Alpha-H Moisture Booting Facial Mist

This is another one of the few Alpha-H products that I don't love. I was expecting the product to be super hydrating and refreshing, but I actually found it quite drying and irritating for my sensitive, dehydrated skin. I was disappointed about that because my hopes had been high when I bought it, but I guess you can't win 'em all. Repurchase? No.

In sum

Huzzah to finishing more products! My stores are dwindling by the day, helped by the fact that I've put myself on another spending ban (boring).

What have you finished this month - any favourites? I'd love to hear : )


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.