Lust Have It Women's Box February 2016 - unboxing and first impressions

/
0 Comments


Look what showed up yesterday - woot woot! It arrived on the last day of February, so happily I received it in the right month. 

Even better, the box worked out well for me: I'd already seen some spoilers and I didn't want to receive a Mellow blush because I'd already received two of them from other boxes, and gladly I didn't - instead I received a lipstick in a colour I'll actually wear. Praise the universe!


There's what we received: three full-sized products and a bunch of samples. I wasn't too thrilled about the contents when I first saw the photos because all the brands are well-known to me and I prefer to have at least one unknown brand in each box, but when I saw what I got I was happy. I'll use everything and I've only tried the samples before, so the full-sized products are all things I haven't used.

Plus we're going away later in the month and the skincare samples will be great for travelling.


There's the card that came with the box. I've just seen that you could have received either a Lanolips hand cream or a body cream, and I'm super glad I got the body cream because I've just run out of mine so the inclusion is well-timed. Plus I have enough hand creams to sink a large ship, so I don't need any more for now. Double yay!

Let's have a quick look at each item in turn.



Mellow Cosmetics Matte Lipstick in Nude (RRP $18 AUD; received full size)

This is apparently highly pigmented, richly formulated and long-wearing. It's meant to glide on smoothly and leave a velvety-smooth, moisturising finish - plus it's cruelty and paraben free.

I'm really pleased with this and extra pleased that I didn't receive something bright red or pink, since I always seem to receive those lip colours and I never wear them. Also, everything I've used so far from Mellow has been good, so I'm expecting to like the product. Yay!



Be a Bombshell Silhouette Mascara (RRP $21 AUD; received full size) 

I'm a bit over receiving mascaras: I have two open at the moment and six back-ups (this makes seven), so I'm not going to get to this any time soon. Still, mascaras do get used so I'll keep it for now.

According to the card, this is a rich and pigmented mascara with a volumising formula that offers a multidimensional look. I'll try it and let you know how I go.


Lanolips Lovely Lanolin Golden Ointment (RRP $28.95 for 50g; received full size)

Apparently this is made from a 100% natural mix of lanolin, manuka honey and vitamin e - three powerful, 'nature-perfect' ingredients. You can use it on dry skin all over, including hands, legs and arms, and it's also a good lip conditioner.

I'm pleased about this one since I go through body creams so quickly (I have dry skin, which soaks everything up) and I'm always in need of a new one, so this has saved me a purchase : )


The Body Shop Italian Summer Fig EDT (RRP $36.95 AUD for 50ml; received 1.5ml sample) and Oils of Life Intensely Revitalising Facial Oil (RRP $54.95 for 30ml; received 7ml sample)

The fragrance I've tried before but I'm always happy to receive perfumes in sub boxes because they're good to throw in your purse and I do use them. This isn't my favourite fragrance but I don't mind it: it's quite fresh and light and has a 'green' base note that's not too overpowering.

The face oil I've received before from another sub box (I've reviewed it here) and while it's not my favourite because it's not hydrating enough for my dry skin, I've been using the one I have to mix in with my foundation and I've almost finished it so this will made a good replacement.


The Body Shop Vitamin E Moisture Cream (RRP $24.95 AUD for 50ml; received 15ml sample)

According to the card, this rehydrates parched skin for a beautiful all-day glow. It's meant to have fantastic moisturising abilities and it should leave skin soft and refreshed.

I've used this before and remember that it was ok but not my favourite. Still, I'm happy to test it again and I need a day cream so this will definitely get used.


Garnier Fructis Full and Luscious Shampoo and Conditioner (RRP $5.95 AUD each for 250ml; received 10ml samples of each)

I've used these before and they were nowhere near hydrating enough for my dry hair so I'll either pass them on or just throw them in one of my sachet city posts since they're only single use samples and aren't much good to anyone - most of the time, you can't tell much from one use (although I could with these).

Not my favourite inclusion but I'll live ; )

In sum

This is a good-value box and the RRP value of the contents clocks in at over $90. More importantly, everything will get used and I'll probably keep it all. You can't ask for more than that!

I'm most excited about the Mellow lipstick because I like the look of the shade, and I'm also extra pleased about the body cream because I was going to have to buy one soon and now I don't need to. Yay!

Did you receive this box? Let me know what you thought if so.


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.