Spending ban 2016: two months down

/
0 Comments

It's the end of the month tomorrow, meaning I've gotten through another month of not buying any beauty products.

This month was a bit of a struggle, so I whipped out a couple of giftcards I've been saving and used those during the month. While my spending ban is still going, I did have to spend a few extra dollars for the two separate purchases I made with the giftcards, since the cards were just under the total value of the products I bought.

So I guess it's been a bit of a 'cheat' month in that sense, but I'm sticking to my guns and continuing with the ban for at least another month.


What I find hardest is when my inbox is flooded with sales and GWP deals from all the different outlets I subscribe to (eg Priceline and Adore Beauty, to name a couple). If I had any sense I would remove myself from the email subscription lists for now, but I'm a pretty slow learner (!) and I always want to know what promotions are currently available.

I guess the other reason I want to know what specials are on is that I've run out of a few 'essential' products (eg day cream and night cream), and while I have found products to fill the gaps for now - eg I'm using a hydrating primer as my day cream - I will need to buy replacements soon enough so it's worth looking out for good deals. Otherwise I might end up shooting myself in the foot and missing out on a promotion for a purchase I would have made anyway.


The good news is that we have a holiday coming up next month, so it's worth counting my pennies and saving for that. We're not going to blow budget while we're away - we don't have the dough for that anyway - but we do plan to do some of the things we haven't been doing lately while money is tight. 

So I can leave my online shopping carts full of purchases never made, knowing that the money I would have spent is marked for some nice dinners out while we're on holiday. Woot woot!

Have you ever gone on a spending ban or low buy? It's not easy, is it?!?!

Ach, the things we do...


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.