Sachet city: samples used in February 2016 #2

/
0 Comments

I've really been chasing the products on my 2016 wishlist this month, and I've happily managed to pick up a few more since my last round of samples.

Normally I'd wait and gather more than five products for a sachet city post, but in this case I couldn't wait to use them and I also don't like leaving these kinds of testers hanging around for too long - depending on the product, they can start to turn or dry out if you don't get on to them quickly.

Anyhoo. Let's have a look.


Sunday Riley Artemis

I think this may well be my favourite of the three oils I've recently tried. I can't quite place my finger on the reason why, but something about this product makes me feel that it's doing great things for my skin - more so than Flora or Luna.

It's meant to balance, clarify, tone and detoxify the skin for an instant radiance boost, and while I didn't use it long enough to know whether it's detoxifying and clarifying my skin, it definitely made it look and feel brighter. I might try it one more time and then put it on the wishlist.

Sunday Riley Ceramic Slip Clay Cleanser

This is another one of Sunday Riley's hero products, and while I did like it, I can't help but think that my money is better spent on something that you don't wash off. It's not the most expensive of Sunday Riley's products but it still costs over $60 AUD, so it's an outlay.

It's a gentle foaming cleanser formulated with French green clay to purify the skin, and my skin did feel nice, clean and soothed after using this but it's not top of my Sunday Riley wishlist so it's a pass for now.

Sunday Riley Good Genes

This is formulated with high grade lactic acid, lemongrass and licorice to exfoliate and plump the look of fine lines, revealing a brighter, smoother and more refined complexion. 

This is the first Sunday Riley product that I've seen immediate results from and I do really like it. I've been applying it as a serum and I notice how bright and healthy my skin looks after use. It's top of my Sunday Riley wishlist but I might wait for my birthday because it ain't cheap! Love this one.


Ren Wake Wonderful Night Time Facial

This is a night-time treatment to leave skin brighter, refined and more even-toned. I've been using it along with Good Genes and I probably shouldn't have done that because I think it affected my view of this one - I felt like Good Genes did more for my skin and this didn't add much, but it could be that the hard work had already been done by the time I applied this. Might have to test this one again ; )

Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue Gel in 06 Ginger

I absolutely love this product and it's gone straight to the wishlist. It has lighter coverage like a tinted moisturiser or BB cream, and it also contains sunscreen to protect your skin throughout the day. It looks so beautifully natural and gives the skin a nice glow, so it's definitely my kind of product. The other good news is that 06 Ginger suits my skin both in winter and summer - rare for a coloured product - so I won't have to buy more than one shade. Now this one I'll buy!

In sum

I'm super pleased that I've had the chance to test these products since they were all on my 2016 wishlist and I now have a better idea of what products I may buy. Top of the list are the Bare Minerals product and Sunday Riley's Good Genes and Artemis, so hopefully I can afford to pick up at least one of those later in the year.

Have you tested anything awesome lately? I'd love to hear : )


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.