Marie Claire's Ageless Parcel Autumn 2016 - unboxing and first impressions

/
0 Comments

Look what showed up today - woot woot! It was a good day for this one to arrive since I've been feeling rather sorry for myself now that I'm on a spending ban, and it's not a great day outside so I was definitely in need of some cheering up.

This is another good box from Marie's Claire's Ageless Parcel, and while I don't think it's quite as good as the last one, it's still excellent and I'll get lots of use from it - plus it's good value as always.


There's a good variation in products, with everything from skincare to haircare and hand cream.

I'm most excited about the Essano Rosehip Collagen Repair Serum and the Garnier Miracle Sleeping Cream - partly because I'm low on similar products - and the Elizabeth Arden item looks interesting too.


There's the card that came with the box. Not as many products as in previous boxes, but four out of six products are full sizes so no complaints there.

Let's have a quick look at each item in turn.


Essano Rosehip Collagen Repair Serum (RRP $29.99 AUD for 30ml; received full size)

This is apparently a nourishing serum that's scientifically formulated to plump fine lines, tighten pores and improve elasticity in the skin. It combines certified organic rosehip oil with plant peptides to repair and protect the skin, and improve texture.

Sounds good to me! I have a day and night serum open, but one of those is almost finished so I'm pleased to have something to replace it once it's done. Hopefully this will be good for my dry skin.


Garnier Skin Naturals Miracle Sleeping Cream (RRP $19.99 AUD for 50ml; received full size)

This is a night cream that apparently has the benefits of a mask but with the feel of a lotion. It's packed with anti-ageing essentials that penetrate deep into the skin to revive and boost cellular energy.

Overnight creams seem to be all the rage these days and I do love them so I'm super excited about this one. I don't have a dedicated 'sleeping' cream at the moment so I'll open this straight away : )


Elucent Whitening Hand Cream (RRP $24.99 AUD for 50g; received full size)

According to the card, this was created specifically for hands and is a nourishing, fragrance-free treatment that contains the skin-brightening fruit extract phyllanthus emblica. It also contains vitamin c to help reduce the appearance of dark spots, vitamin e for moisture and vitamin b3 to even the skintone.

I have so many hand creams at the moment that I don't know what to do with them, so this will be added to the pile and I might get to it next year if I'm lucky! It does sound good but I really don't need it. I'm sure it'll get used in the end.


Elizabeth Arden Pro Triple Action Protector (RRP $99 AUD for 50ml; received 15ml sample)

This apparently contains three levels of protection to lessen the signs of ageing, boost the natural repair system and reinforce the skin's natural moisture barrier to help maintain radiance. It also contains sunscreen, is paraben and fragrance free, and contains a universal tint.

Sounds interesting - looking forward to trying it. Do note that the expiry date on this one is June this year (I'm assuming that's the same for everyone), so don't leave this sitting around too long.


Tresemmé Fullness Emulsion Spray (RRP $10.99 AUD for 125ml; received full size)

This is a thickening spray that's infused with antioxidants and omega 3s to help plump your strands and target the first signs of ageing hair. You can apply it to either wet or dry hair.

I'm not that interested in haircare as a general rule but this does sound good and I have nothing like it on hand. Another product that might get opened straight away : )


Lonvitalite C8 Collagen Crystal Eye Mask (RRP $32 AUD for six masks; received one)

If I see one more Lonvitalite sheet mask show up in a sub box, I'll crack it. At least this is an eye one, although I've used it a couple of times before at least (they always seem to appear in sub boxes) and I remember not being impressed.

It's apparently formulated with 100 per cent natural plant-based collagen and it's meant to help reduce fine lines and dark circles. I don't remember any of that happening, but we'll see.

In sum

This is a good little box and I'm pleased with it. The RRP value of the contents is well over $100, so you're certainly getting your money's worth.

It mightn't be my favourite sub box ever, but it's definitely a good one and I'll probably keep and use everything, and you can't ask for any more than that.

Did you receive this box? Let me know what you think if so : )


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.