Davroe Smooth Senses Kit - round up

/
0 Comments

If you read this blog, you'll know that I reviewed each of the four products in this kit recently and I didn't like any of them.

That made me hesitant to write this round-up post because I don't like to put too much negativity out there, but then I thought that somebody somewhere might be considering purchasing the kit and it's always worth putting an honest opinion into cyberspace because it might be useful to someone.

So I'll start off by saying that my hair is quite dry and frizzy, and it's not easy to tame so I can't just use any haircare and expect it to look good. It's not the most unruly hair in the world, but it definitely needs decent products to look its best.


This kit is designed for hair like mine and is meant to make hair look straighter, shinier and healthier. It did none of those things for me, although perhaps it might work better if your hair isn't dry.

Included in the kit are the Davroe Smooth Senses Shampoo and Conditioner, the Replenish Jojoba Créme Treatment and the Straightening Balm. The Straightening Balm is the only product that didn't play havoc with my hair, although it didn't do anything good for it either.


For my individual reviews of each product, please see the following links:

What I'll do now is make a brief comment on each product and then set out how they made my hair feel (not good!) when used together.


Davroe Smooth Senses Shampoo & Conditioner

I didn't like these at all and they left my hair in terrible condition. I could only bear to use them five times before setting them aside and going into damage control.

The shampoo doesn't clean well and even after three washes (in one sitting) my hair didn't feel close to clean. You know how sometimes you can still feel grime on your hair after washing? That's how I felt when I used this shampoo.

As for the conditioner, it might be ok if your hair isn't dry like mine is, but I found it so lightweight that it didn't do anything for me in terms of hydration. I was expecting my hair to feel nourished and soft after using this, but instead it felt dry and lacked shine and manageability.

In combination, these products somehow left my hair looking limp and dirty, but also dry and seriously frizzy. I've left them in the spare bathroom, in the hope that my husband will use them so they don't go to waste (!).


Davroe Replenish Jojoba Créme Treatment

This product somehow left my hair feeling both coated and dry at the same time, and limp and dull to boot.

After use, my hair was left frizzy and uncooperative, and it felt dry and crackly to the touch. The ends were in all sorts and the rest of my hair was knotty and looked more damaged and dehydrated than usual. I couldn't wait to wash it again to remove all traces of the product and get rid of that coated feeling.

It might be ok if you have different hair than mine, but for me it didn't meet any of its claims and I can't recommend it.


Davroe Straightening Balm

This is the only item in the pack that didn't have an adverse effect on my hair - but indeed, it didn't do anything for me at all.

It applies well without weighing the hair down because it's very light, but it doesn't straighten my hair as claimed and it doesn't do anything else of benefit either. I even used it on only half of my hair so I could compare the two halves, and I noticed no difference on the side containing this balm.

With straightening products, I expect them to have some impact on frizz, shine and hydration - whether or not I decide to straighten my hair with irons or blow dry it after use. Any straightening treatment that's any good does something for your hair even if you don't go ahead and straighten it, but not this one. It just makes my hair look and feel wet for a while and then fades into nothing. It's also not a product you can use more than two days in a row because it builds up and needs to be washed out.

In sum

None of these products worked for me unfortunately, and when used together, my hair wound up in the worst condition it's been in for as long as I can remember: limp, coated, dirty, dull, dry and frizzy. Not what you want!

The packaging of the two products in tubes is also dodgy and I have issues closing the caps because they don't want to connect with the tubes themselves. Particularly annoying when you don't like the products anyway!

Sadly I can't recommend any of these items. I'd be interested to hear if anyone's used these and had better luck with them?


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.