October 2017 empties #3

/
0 Comments

Hello and welcome to my third empties post for October 2017. I'm glad I managed to squeeze in these photos yesterday because I've finished lots of products this month and it's always good to start a new month with less stuff in the empties bin.

Note that this empties post will be a little different because it contains all Project Pan items - meaning that I've already talked about them heaps so I won't go on too much about them here or I'll bore you to tears.

So without further ado...


First up, four complexion products:

  • Becca Backlight Priming Filter: full review here. I love this primer but I can't wear it with my sheerer tinted moisturisers (or those that wear off too quickly) because it's super shiny so it can look wrong if it's not toned down with something stronger. It smells nice and it's beautifully hydrating, and it's definitely a product that I'll miss. Purchase? Yes.
  • Becca Aqua Luminous Perfecting Foundation in Fair: I don't love this formula because it's too glowy (so it can emphasise texture), plus it clings to dry patches and also sits in pores. I've reviewed it here. Fortunately, though, it's the best mixer foundation I've ever used - so it wasn't a wasted purchase. Repurchase? No.
  • Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturiser in Groenland: full review here. This is a really fantastic tinted moisturiser and I'll miss it, but I'm also pleased that I've finished it so I can try other things. It offers a natural finish and it has more coverage than most tinted moisturisers I've tried, so it should suit those who prefer a medium coverage. Repurchase? Maybe.
  • BareMinerals Complexion Rescue Gel Cream in 06 Ginger: I love this stuff and I'm missing it already so I'll likely buy another one next year, once I'm through a couple of other similar products. I've reviewed it here. It's hydrating, it's lightweight but still offers some good coverage, and it looks like skin so it's perfect for those who don't like heavy makeup. Plus it's not ridiculously expensive. You really can't beat it. Repurchase? Yes.


Next, lip products:

  • Maybelline Colour Sensational Rebel Bloom Lipcolour in 730 Orchid Ecstasy: full review here. This is my favourite lipstick formula, quite possibly of all time. Yes I've found some high-end formulas that are lovely, but I really don't think you can beat the quality and price of this one. It's hydrating, it lasts well and it doesn't emphasise texture. Repurchase? Yes.
  • NYX Butter Gloss in Apple Strudel: I'm sure you've heard everyone rave about these and they're not wrong - these glosses are fantastic and I can't wait to try more of them. They're comfortable and hydrating, they come in great colours, and you can pick them up for a song if you wait for specials. I've reviewed this one here. Repurchase? Yes.
  • Stevie K Matte Lipstick in King Kylie: full review here. This was ok but the colour didn't suit me (too pale) and it was also quite drying, plus it emphasised lip lines so it's not something I would buy. Fortunately I got through it quickly though, because it went on so thickly that it vanished like nobody's business. Purchase? No.
  • Clarins Rouge Eclat Lipstick in #13 Woodrose: I really didn't like this and I'm wondering whether it was responsible for giving me little white dots on my lips. Plus it was drying, it feathered and bled, and it emphasised lip lines so it just wasn't flattering. It didn't wear well either. I've reviewed it here. Purchase? No.


Last, miscellaneous products:

  • Clarins Beauty Flash Balm: full review here. I've had a long relationship with this product and I almost always have one in my collection. I apply it over makeup and it plumps up my skin and takes a few years off my face, plus it adds some much-needed hydration to my dry skin. I'll miss it. Repurchase? Yes.
  • Wyte Luxe Whitening Applicator: this came from Maslow & Co and it's a decent product, it's just that I don't have time for tooth-whitening these days - which is why I put it on my Project Pan list, to remind myself to use it. It's easy to use and it does work, it's just one of those extra steps that I don't find essential these days. I've reviewed it here. Purchase? No.
  • Pureplus+ Milk Bebe Lip Treatment: full review here. I really enjoyed this while I had it, but unfortunately I lost it twice (once this year, once last year), so by the time I found it again and brought it back into circulation, it had turned. Annoying! But it felt nice, wore well and plumped up my lips, so it's a product I would use again. Purchase? Maybe.
  • Stila Stay All Day Sun Bronzer in Dark: I loved this bronzer so I'm sad that it's been discontinued. It was finely milled, pigmented and it blended well, but more than anything, I really loved the colour and I've saved a tiny bit of product so I can search for dupes in future. I've reviewed it here. Fingers crossed that Stila brings it back! Repurchase? Yes, if I could.

In sum

That's all from me! I hope you enjoyed this little empties post and that you've got plenty of your own empties for the month.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.