Project Pan 2017: October update

/
0 Comments

Hello and welcome to October's Project Pan update!

It hasn't been my best PP month this year, but it has been a pretty good one and I've happily managed to finish some of my larger products this month.

Here's how my list is looking at the end of October:

  • Becca Aqua Luminous Perfecting Foundation in Beige
  • Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Opal 
  • Becca Under Eye Brightening Corrector 
  • BareMinerals 5-in-1 BB Advanced Performance Cream Eyeshadow SPF 15 in Sweet Spice 
  • Nars Liquid Laguna Bronzer 
  • Gorgeous Cosmetics Prism Powder Highlighter 
  • Gorgeous Cosmetics Lip Pencil in Tangerine 
  • Becca eyeshadow pan (from Ombre Rouge Palette)
  • Self-mixed eyeshadow pan
  • Bodyography Electric Lip Slide in 1605 Berry'd Alive (switched out)
  • Wyte Luxe Whitening Applicator 
  • Clarins Beauty Flash Balm
  • Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturiser in Groenland 
  • Becca Backlight Priming Filter 
  • Becca Aqua Luminous Perfecting Foundation in Fair 
  • Stila Sun Bronzer in Dark 
  • Maybelline Colour Sensational Lipcolour in 730 Orchid Ecstasy

So I've finished seven products in total, which includes a tinted moisturiser and a primer that have been on my list for ages. I've also switched out my Bodyography lip product, for the simple reason that it's taking ages to pan - and I would rather focus my efforts on items that I have a chance of finishing before year's end. I will bring it back for Project Pan 2018, though, so never fear.

Let's have a quick look at each item in turn.


My Gorgeous Cosmetics Prism Powder Highlighter is still going strong but I've had to re-press it, and I'm still hopeful that I can finish it by the end of the year. 

I use it each day as an illuminating setting powder, and sometimes I use it on the eyes and also as a facial highlighter. If I keep triple-purposing it, I should be able to finish it by Christmas.

If you'd like to see how this product (or any other) looked last month, September's update is here.


I can't believe how long my Becca Under Eye Brightening Corrector is lasting. Honestly, it just doesn't want to die! 

But I do love it and I am getting there (slowly), so it will be gone by the end of the year. After that I can finally open the Tarte one I bought in the last Sephora sale, and I'm really looking forward to that because I've heard it's excellent.


My Nars Liquid Laguna Bronzer is so close to being finished, I'm a little grumpy I couldn't get through it during October! 

I tend to mix it with Becca Opal (below) and use the mix as a glowy, bronze-y primer, and I do enjoy using them that way so I'm happy to do it a little longer. I know I can finish the Nars product during the first week of November so I'll be glad to have another bronzer gone from my collection - I certainly need to pan some.


My Gorgeous Cosmetics Lip Pencil in Tangerine is showing more progress this month than it has in previous months (see marker sheet below). This is because it started to go quite soft halfway through the month, meaning that it's now moving faster. Given this, I think I can actually finish it by the end of the year - which I wasn't expecting to do - so that's a positive.

This BareMinerals 5-in-1 BB Advanced Performance Cream Eyeshadow SPF 15 in Sweet Spice is proving to be tough to get through, although I was expecting that because cream shadows are notoriously hard to pan. Mind you, I've been using it not only as an eyeshadow base but also as a facial contour, which is why I'm moving through it faster than you might expect. I doubt I'll finish it in November but you never know. 


Next, my Becca Aqua Luminous Perfecting Foundation in Beige and Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Opal.

I haven't bothered marking the foundation because although I've used it, I haven't used it enough to make a dent so there's no point. Once I've finished the Nars bronzer, I'll get through it faster because I use both products for darkening any base that's too light for me and I've been focusing on the Nars one (which is almost finished).

Becca Opal is also almost finished, and I'll be glad to send it packing because I've had it for ages. As mentioned above, I often mix it with the Nars bronzer and use the combination as a primer - and I can layer another primer over it if I want to, but I usually don't - so I'll keep doing that and I should be through it during November.


Last, two eyeshadows that I brought over from Pan that Palette after closing it for the year. The cream shade is from Becca and the grey one I mixed myself.

I re-pressed both this month and I know I can finish the cream one by year's end, but the grey one will be harder because it's a darker colour and it's also more pigmented. I'm not sure if I can finish it but I'll certainly try.

There's my marker sheet:


So you can see that Tangerine has moved faster this month, but there's still a while to go. I think I can get there, but only because it's started melting and crumbling/breaking off - so there's sometimes product wastage and it can snap off when I sharpen it. Hoh well, at least it will move more quickly.

And finally, my replacements. I've picked five, even though I wanted to keep my list at twelve products - purely because my husband was home yesterday to help with the kids, so I had time to take some extra shots. What I'll do is introduce them now, and then as I finish things during the month, I won't replace them until my list has reduced a bit again.

Here's what I chose:


I've picked two lipsticks, a mini bronzer, one hair treatment and a face mask.

Let's have a quick look at each one.


Neuma Neusmooth Leave-on Conditioner

Full review here. I don't like this product and all it's currently doing is cluttering up the bathroom so I'd like to get through it and try something else.

It's meant to do things like detangle, tame frizz and condition, but it doesn't work for me so I stopped using it after I'd reviewed it. What I might do is try it as a pre-wash treatment on both mine and my daughter's hair, and I'll also use it to coat our hair before swimming in the hope that it protects our locks from the drying chlorine.

I think if I do both those things, I can finish it by Christmas.


Above are my Rimmel Kate Moss Lasting Finish Lipstick in 32 (reviewed here) and my Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in 720 Nottinghill Nude (reviewed here).

I don't like either of these and I've had them sitting on my desk for the last couple of weeks so I could give myself a head-start on them before introducing them to Project Pan.

You'll see that 720 is looking rather odd: that's because it has started melting (even though it's well within expiry), so I've been applying it from the sides of the bullet where it's melted - meaning that it's thinner than it once was.  

Shade 32 will take me longer to finish and it's even more drying on the lips that 720, so when I use them, I use them together but I also need to put a balm down first.

I can see myself finishing 720 this month and 32 next month.


Next, my Hourglass Ambient Lighting Bronzer in Luminous Bronze Light (reviewed here). This is my favourite formula for bronzers, but I prefer the colour of Radiant Bronze Light so I don't mind getting through this mini.

I have flattened it significantly and although these bronzers are pigmented, this particular shade takes some building on my colouring so I'm confident that I can finish it by Christmas. Wish me luck!


Alpha-H Balancing & Pore Refining Mask with Jojoba

Full review here. I'm obsessed with this mask (it's so good) but I'm also annoyed that it comes in a 100ml tube: the directions say that you're only meant to use it once a week but the shelf-life is a small six months. So I'm not sure what Alpha-H was thinking there, but I certainly couldn't get through 100ml of face mask in that time. I would struggle to do that even with a mask you could apply a few times a week.

Anyway. Mine must have been open for close to six months now and I've barely made a dent in it (see marker above), so I'm including it in Project Pan to make sure I use it. I've been applying it once a week - sometimes once a fortnight - since I opened it, so I'll need to get cracking.

What I plan to do is use it perhaps every five days (my dry skin couldn't tolerate more than that) and I'll be sure to apply it to my neck and upper chest too, just to make sure I finish it before it turns.

I'm unlikely to finish it this year but I'd like to get the process started now.

In sum

That's all from me! I hope you enjoyed this little post, and that you're going well with your own panning projects.

I suspect I'm not the only one who's planning to stick their head down and get through as many products as possible before the new year, so good luck to all of us! There's a lot to get through, but I do want to start 2018 with less stuff so I'm determined.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.