Project Dent 2017 update: Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush Palette #2

/
0 Comments

Back on 13 October, I introduced this Hourglass blush palette to my Project Dent series for the second time.

After using it daily since then, I'm ready to give it a rest and update you on my progress. 

Funnily enough, October has brought my most useful rounds of Project Dent to date: not only did I finally work out how to pan my Burberry quad so I wasn't hating it, but I've also made some good headway in this palette and I'm starting to think that I should pan it next year.


If you're interested in seeing my review of this palette, it's here.

And my intro post for this round of Project Dent is here if you'd like to see that.

So. Here's how my palette looked before I dented it last time (and note I've enhanced all the below shots for clarity, so the blushes aren't quite true to colour):


Here's how it looked after my last round of Project Dent:


And here's how it's looking now, 28 October, after just over two weeks' daily use:


Before looking at the individual pans (below), you should know that I managed to drop my palette for the second time this month, and Luminous Flush fell clean out. 

It was pretty amazing: it fell out as a perfect little square with only a tiny bit of product hanging on around the edges of the pan, so what I did was place it back in and drip some rubbing alcohol around the sides, then pressed along the join to seal it back into place.

While I don't know how long that will last, I wanted to do it this way so I wouldn't have to crush the thing up and spoil the marbled pattern! 

Anyhoo. I wanted to tell you this because Luminous Flush does look a little different now, and that's why.

So, the individual pans. Again, I've enhanced the below shots for clarity so don't rely on them for colour. If you're interested in 'true' colour shots, see my review linked above.

Luminous Flush on 13 October:


Luminous Flush now:


Incandescent Electra before:


Incandescent Electra now:


Mood Exposure before:


Mood Exposure now:
  

As you can see above, I've really gone to town on this thing! It looks battered and bruised, but despite this, I still love it just as much as I always did - perhaps even more.

Last time I was able to make visible progress by getting a small eyeshadow brush into the Ambient Lighting Powder parts of the marbling (so the pale parts of each pan) and using the product I removed as both a setting powder and also a highlighter. 

I did that again this time, which is why I've been able to make significant dents in Mood Exposure and Incandescent Electra in particular (unfortunately it's harder to do that with Luminous Flush, since I didn't get enough larger patches of white in that particular shade).

What I also discovered during this round of Project Dent is that, if I focus my brush in Incandescent Electra so that I get mostly white but some peach, it makes the most beautiful highlighter - it's this pearl shade with a hint of peach and it looks gorgeous. If Hourglass released a separate highlighter in that shade, I would absolutely buy it.

Also like last time, I used these shades not only on the cheeks, as setting powders and as highlighters, but also on the eyes. And turns out it was a good palette to work on alongside the Burberry one because the shades in this brought life to the dud ones in the Burberry quad.

So, the big question now is whether I'm going to pan this next year alongside the Burberry quad. That depends on whether I can get my hands on Incandescent Electra as a single, and I'm still waiting to hear back from both Hourglass and Mecca as to whether it's been discontinued (it exists as a strobe blush but I find that formula too shiny), so the jury's still out.

Now, to choose my next item for Project Dent...

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.