Project Dent 2017: Too Faced Natural Matte Eyeshadow Collection

/
0 Comments

Welcome to my next round of Project Dent for 2017!

This next product I've wanted to dent for ages, it's just that I've been focusing on working out which products to pan next year so I've been denting those.

But it's a good time to work on this one now, since I've closed Pan that Palette for the year and it won't be competing with other shadows I'm trying to finish.


I don't own much from Too Faced, and this palette and the Peanut Butter & Jelly one are the only two eyeshadow palettes I own from the brand. I bought this one first, fell in love with it, then went back for seconds.

While I have swatched the larger Too Faced palettes (the Chocolate Bars, Sweet Peach etc), none of them called to me and to be honest, I'm not a fan of the packaging. Yes that puts me in the minority, but a lot of it feels a bit 'young' and inelegant to me - and since I keep my makeup out on display and not tucked away in drawers, I'm more swayed by packaging than I probably should be because I don't want to look at anything that I don't like.

Anyhoo. I do like the packaging of this particular Too Faced palette, so there you go.


I haven't reviewed this palette yet, so I hope to do that over the next couple of weeks.

What I can tell you now, though, is that I absolutely love it - and every time I use it again after having forgotten about it for a while, I wonder why I don't just use it every day. Honestly, it's fantastic.

Worth noting is that I also own Kat Von D's Shade & Light, and while I think the formula of both is great, I prefer the colours of this Too Faced one. I just think the pink/plum row across the middle makes it more versatile, and even though the KVD has more shades, I find that some of the ones in the neutral and cool quads are interchangeable on me - while every shade in this Too Faced palette performs a separate function. Even Cashmere Bunny and Nudie (which look very similar in the pan) are different enough on the eye that I do use them for different things.


Anyhoo!

Here's how my palette is looking today, 29 October 2017:


Same shot, enhanced for clarity:


Unfortunately it's hard to get really clear shots of a palette like this to show you exactly how much I've used, but hopefully you can see that Honey Butter and Chocoloate Cookie (the smaller pans, bottom row) have the most use in them, with Strapless coming in a close second.

The other shades have all had good use but nothing has a visible dent in it - although they've all been smoothed down a bit across the whole surface. And it's that smoothing that's not giving my camera anything textured to focus on. Annoying.

So what I'll do over the next couple of weeks is use this palette daily and try to get some good visible progress happening. That should be easy enough to do because not only does the palette have great shades for the eyes, but Lace Teddy, Strapless and Honey Butter look like they might make good blushes, Nudie would make a good contour shade for the face, and Heaven might work as an all-over setting powder, as well as a matte highlight. We'll see.

I'm looking forward to using this palette, I must say. It's one of those foolproof palettes that just works every time and I've never done a dud look with it.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.